1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HOF: Dave Concepcion

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Even if you included all sorts of baseball gurus other than writers to vote for the Hall, Davey still only gets 10-15% of the vote. Are you saying that 90% of baseball experts are wrong? There is a reason that he has not sniffed the Hall, and never will. He is not worthy.

I have only known two guys to argue for Davey - you and another friend of mine. Both of you are diehard BRM fans. The bias is incredible. No one else sees it through your BRM glasses.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

No, I'm not saying Davey gets more if knowledgable baseball people vote. But I have heard many knowledgable baseball people argue for him. I've never heard anyone argue with his numbers, only arguing against him because of his teammates. And I never once argued for him until I began seeing his name in lists for guys who should be in. And then I started examining the numbers, the comparables. That's when I became convinced.

I just believe that the process would be best served with an overhaul of the voting process, something a cacophony of experts are calling for.