1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holder Calls U.S. 'Nation of Cowards' on Race Matters

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Context and venue match the words spoken. You're just trying to make something else out of it to divert from what he said and meant.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Slavery ended 150 years ago. The rest of the story did take a bit longer to finish but that too is history. We don't have those problems today.

What we do have is a mentally that blacks are still being set back by whites. That's not true! Blacks set themselves back and blacks need to fix their own problems. That's the area that needs fixing!

No way are Muslims and non-English speaking Mexicans like the blacks were.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

@ Targus = Poor educations is not limited to blacks, here is an example. This is why we're giving so much to education and providing a places and resources for learning. However, an educated black person normally make less than an equally educated/qualified white person. Same with women and other minorities...

Did you see the documentary "Right America Feeling Wronged"? It was filmed at McCain/Palin rallies during the 2008 election. Here is a quote from one of the people interviewed;

http://www.slantmagazine.com/tv/tv_review.asp?ID=85
    He was tame, some of the people used the N word etc... when explaining why they wouldn't vote for Obama. So maybe you don't see the problems where you're standing but trust me they still exist. We are getting there but we haven't arrived just yet.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I don't believe - both from personal experience and much reading - that blacks are being discriminated against with respect to salary. My observations have been to the contrary and, if ever there has been a disparity, it was in favor of the black person. I'm referring here to equal work for equal pay. What's often the problem with statistics is that they can be the result of inaccurate conclusions from raw data. The reasons for lower salaries are more often the result of lower skills, less experience, lower performance, and, above all, lack of initiative to improve one's self. Such is not equal work for equal pay.

This starts in government grade school and continues to the work place. Some blacks don't do well in government grade schools because they don't want to out of peer pressure not to do so - they rather be cool with their friends - and the school can not establish the discipline and rigor needed to have effective teaching and learning. The same problem exists with whites also but I think it's more severe among blacks and that contributes to less achievement longer term.

What are black leaders doing about this other than blaming "rich white men" for the problems of their racial kindred? Nothing much!

You will always be able to find people of any group that greatly dislike those of another group. That includes blacks as well who are not at a loss for their share of racists.

Blacks have the opportunity to run for public office and will be elected if they can convince the voters. Some people may object and may make rude comments but that in itself doesn't remove them from the candidate from the ballot. We don't have the problems of the past any more in America. It is self evident from current events.

Never the less, people will continue to like whomever they will for whatever reasons they will. That's not the business of law to determine. It is our right to associate with whomever we will. There are, in fact, valid reasons to not like other people. When their attitudes and behaviors are contrary to yours you tend not to want to endorse it by willing association. It doesn't take much nor too long for a segement of a demographic to make a negative impression of the whole whether entirely deserved or not.

A little time watching black televison entertainment is enough to form some conclusions even when you know it's not representative of all blacks. One does wonder, however, if the proportions are greater that when considering those of comparing rauchy white televison entertainment against the whole white population.

Then there's the visible black public figures - so-called "leaders" - including Obama's former pastor as a recent example. There he is spreading his own form of racial discord using his warped black liberation theology as an whip on willing followers including even the man who now sits in the White House. Add to that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc. and one does make some very negative conclusions. Of course, I temper all this when I consider so-called "leaders" who are very clearly white! I also keep in mind that Obama is as much white as he is black.

All this gets me right back to my central point which is that the biggest problem blacks have is blacks themselves. There are so many positive examples they could advance and so much they could do for their racial kindred. It would please me greatly to see that. But a trip down guilt lane for whites and all the associated trappings of that are not something I'll ever accept. Let every man stand on their own merits and blame nothing of past generations for his present perdiciment.

#64 Dragoon68, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009