1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holiday traditions?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by mont974x4, Dec 22, 2012.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

We have about 30 CHRISTmas movies. So, between Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas we spend a lot of time watching these movies. We may eat, play games, or visit with friends while we watch them.

We also take one night to drive around town and check out lights.

What do you do?

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lights! Im the designer in most cases & Ive been transitioning from the Italian style to LED's. This year I got some new stuff from Target made by Phillips but yesterday I broke out some "old school" colored lights and added them to two shrubs (they used to go on the tree when I cut them down & had a real tree). The wife got a kick out of it!

Then we visit family in other parts of NJ & PA. In PA there are like 10 Italian restaurants owned by relatives & we make it a point to buy two pies (1 is traditional red & 1 is a white cheese)....thats a tradition. We also visit the graves of my family (Mother, Father, Sister & Grandparents) & I put on wreathes. We do that with the wifes grandparents as well.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

As for my family, the celebration centered around Christmas Eve dinner. The menu every year consisted of meatballs, baked potato, my Grandmother's version of Vörtlimpa (a slightly sweet rye bread), and pepparkakor (a mild gingerbread cookie). Wifey and I continue the annual tradition; though because pepparkakor's a two-day project to make, we buy it.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

My holiday traditions?

1. Watch some Christmas movies.

2. See Christmas lights.

3. Send Christmas cards to shut ins.

5. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Nice. Thanks for sharing folks!

We also do breakfast after presents...and chokecherry syrup is a must. When my grandmother was still alive she would send some homemade chokecherry syrup with our other gifts. I settle for store bought now, when I have to.