1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holman Christian Standard Bible

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Nicholas25, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

We just completed an awesome baseball camp in which we thank the Lord for. Matthew Swain, who played for Georgia Tech from 99-02 spoke on behalf of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. After he spoke we presented the children with FCA New Testaments. The bibles are Holman Christian Standard. Does anyone know anything or have any opinions about this bible version?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is my favorite...the one I use most often. It's considered to be "optimal equivalence", a little mixture of "formal equivalence" (word for word), and "dynamic equivalence" (thought for thought). In my opinion, it's the best modern english translation out there.

This thread will probably be moved to the Bible versions / translations forum. Do a search on there. There have been a couple threads started over the last year.

3. trainbrainmommy

trainbrainmommy New Member

DH has a HCS Bible. He does not have a problem with it except that he thinks some passages are not as easily read as other versions. He said that some passages are more easily read/understood in the KJV (and he actually prefers the NIV).