1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy Land Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salty, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, but it is very pretty. I find Bible geography fascinating.

I am interacting with what I read in the Bible differently since I have moved to a desert. I have a gut reaction to things that I read now. The word scorpion makes my stomach clench, because I sometimes have them in my home and I am afraid of them.

I have learned that dirty feet actually need to be "cleaned" with oils. And sometimes sandpaper.

3. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many decades ago I worked as a summer missionary in the desert areas of the western U.S. I learned to hang my shoes upside down on wood pegs to deter creepy crawlies from getting inside the footwear. And I do remember some people who went barefoot on the sand would rub their feet with sandpaper. True story.

:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This looks beautiful! I still have a KJV NT that is similar, given me by my grandparents when I turned 14. (That was 55 years ago.) It is letter sized, and jam packed with black and white photos of the Holy Land on every page. I love it! Since it is inscribed to me by my grandparents, I used it in college to prove my heritage when another student doubted who I was related to. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. kathleenmariekg

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a friend who went to the ER for a sore throat when she was a bit manic. They started asking her a lot of questions and she certainly was a bit off, but she didn't need to be hospitalized. But during the questioning, she said who her father was, and they locked her up because she claimed that man was her father and therefore she must be delusional.

Famous people have children and grandchildren, that live in normal places and go to normal places. I don't know why people find that so hard to believe.

Sometimes if you want to be believed, you have to NOT talk about certain things and certain people. My friend learned to never mention who her father is to doctors. So ridiculous.

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a crazy story! Yes, even the famous people are normal, too. If you haven't figured it out yet, my grandfather was famous evangelist and author John R. Rice.

7. kathleenmariekg

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read your signature and wondered, but didn't want to put you on the spot. I am queen of the crazy stories, and living my life has taught me not to ask questions. People share what they can share and want to share. Thanks for sharing that with me!

When closely tied to someone that is very well known in some subcultures, but unknown in others, it must have been interesting to be out and about with your granddad. You never know how you are going to get treated. You have to expect anything! LOL.