1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy Laughter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gekko, Jul 10, 2006.

1. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Where have I been to have missed this? My family has been in for the past week and it's all gone to the dogs! I wish I could have seen some of this on the news somewhere....
    :Fish:

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

The Pensacola one only meets on Friday nights now.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

genesis12... who are you talking about here? im curious.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'll give you three guesses---and the first two ain't right!!

All-American Benny Henn! And Regis!!! Thats my final answer!!!

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

And they get up the next morning following all that----get dressed---eat a little breakfast---get in their cars---zoom off to work---and there they'll act just like any normal person----until the next time they plan on attending the "service"---

can't people see that these people ain't people---they're machines that can turn themselves on and off at the proper time and place.

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

I was using Rodney Howard-Browne as an example of what we Americans fall for. He's the South African character who came to the USA in 1987, sparking the so-called "Toronto Blessing" and "Holy Laughter." But you can apply the same thing to Kenneth Copeland, who says Jesus talks like a Texan, has outdoor bar-b-ques wherever he is, sits around a table enjoying a cup of coffee, that each hand, fingers and thumb parallel to each other, measures 9 inches across, that He is "6 foot 3 or 4." You can apply it to Charles Capps who says you get what you say. I think it was Capps who said God was going to bless him with something he had asked for, but Capps got the formula wrong, which blocked God's ability to give it to him. Yet, the Copelands and the Hinns and the Howard-Brownes are millionaires, money taken from little old ladies sitting at home drinking in their ilk, and folks at meetings believing they can give $10 and expect $100 in return. I'll never forget the story about a check that came in for a lady after she had contributed $100 or so. It was enough to pay off her home and get her out of debt. The TV preacher was rejoicing that "it came from God, because there ain't no bank in Denver with that name!" It was only later that the crowd realized that if "there ain't no bank" there, the check couldn't be cashed. Pentecostal and Assembly pastors quickly stopped repeating the story.

#26 genesis12, Jul 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are killing me!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: