1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Krythia, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Krythia

Krythia New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there anyone who blasphemed the Holy Spirit apart from me? What's your story?

2. Krythia

Krythia New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    it was a very bad feeling saying it, bacause I didn't really want to say it. But back then I was put on tryals by the Devil, he fooled me and I tought it was from the Holy Spirit...all the bad things that happened to me trough that period of time. To get free from all the suffering that I had, I blasphemed him. But before that I warned him a few times that I would. But of course it wasn't him, but that fact I realized just later, and I'm very sorry that I insulted him. In fact I loved him in some way. He did to me nothing wrong ever

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit. . . ." -- Mark 3:29-30, defines that blaspheme.

". . . And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. . . ." -- Mark 3:22.

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are you now in your life?

The reason I ask is because those that blaspheme the Holy Spirit do not seek repentance. How can they? There is not forgiveness offered.

So by your own plea, you demonstrate you can and may be forgiven.

However, do not presume upon the undeserved favor of God.

Devote your whole heart, mind, soul, body to Him.

Allow Him to cleanse you by His Word washing through you, scrubbing and sanitizing your thoughts, your desires, your manner of living, and all you do.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Krythia

Krythia New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your reply. In my life I'm at the point again where I would devote myself to him. But when I focus on repentance(separately on every sin) I feel cleansed, but when I focus on that one I feel a blockage-like thing what doesn't allow me to repent. If that blockage wouldn't be there I would repent, because I feel sorry.
    Since I committed that sin I feel that God does not answer my prayers, and altrough I'm a vessel of the Holy Spirit he is not in(or with) me anymore.

6. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes it may be helpful to picture your life as a checkerboard in which the forces of darkness have conquered a square. From that square they can lay siege and conquer neighboring squares. As those are seized, the force becomes stronger and more in control of a person's life.

As you related, you spent time in fellowship with the forces of darkness. It may not seem that God is listening to you, but as you continue in Him, reading in His word, focusing upon His principles and precepts, the forces of darkness cannot withstand the truth. They will retreat.

One of the devices the enemy of grace enjoys is distraction. Just anything to keep you from continued fellowship with God and with the assembly. It was such cunning shown in the garden, engaged in the temptation of the Lord, and why Demus departed from Paul. Throughout the history of the church, that work of distraction has caused many to drift.

I once sat in a lake in a row boat. I was weary and nodded off to sleep. The boat drifted to be entangled. Working with no little effort freed the boat. Often, the believer will find themself not aware of the drifting until they are ensnared or entangled. One must be vigilant. The advisory is not about to give up territory without a struggle.

You were ensnared in sin and darkness. Do not return to that.

I don't know your age, but once there was a popular group called "Simon and Garfunkel." They produced a song in which the first words went, "Hello, Darkness, My old friend. I've come to talk to you again."

Darkness is not a friend to the believer. Stay away from darkness. Dark thoughts, dark passions, dark places, and dark living.

Here is a great passage found in Psalm 27 in which you might want to print and to use as a prayer.

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
    Whom shall I fear?
    The LORD is the defense of my life;
    Whom shall I dread?

2When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh,
    My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.

3Though a host encamp against me,
    My heart will not fear;
    Though war arise against me,
    In spite of this I shall be confident.

4One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek:
    That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
    To behold the beauty of the LORD
    And to meditate in His temple.

5For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
    In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
    He will lift me up on a rock.

6And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me,
    And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
    I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

7Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice,
    And be gracious to me and answer me.

8When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You,
    “Your face, O LORD, I shall seek.”

9Do not hide Your face from me,
    Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
    You have been my help;
    Do not abandon me nor forsake me,
    O God of my salvation!

10For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
    But the LORD will take me up.

11Teach me Your way, O LORD,
    And lead me in a level path
    Because of my foes.

12Do not deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries,
    For false witnesses have risen against me,
    And such as breathe out violence.

13I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
    In the land of the living.

14Wait for the LORD;
    Be strong and let your heart take courage;
    Yes, wait for the LORD.​

7. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For casual readers.

I realize that Psalm 27 is one of those wonderful psalms which reflects our Lords own thoughts. Yet, it is also a wonderful and heartfelt cry of true believers.

Use it, abide amid the promises it gives.