1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homegoing for Mama

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by padredurand, Apr 28, 2008.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mother, Helen Durand, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning. She spent 80 years upon this earth and most of 70 of it as an unashamed child of the King. Without a doubt, her testimony will bear fruit for generations to come. I'll be preaching her service on Tuesday night. Mama was quite direct about her expectations of what the service should be.... a celebration of God's grace toward her and His love extended at Calvary through Jesus Christ. Your prayers for my father, especially, and my siblings are cherished.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

padre, you have my prayers. I was in that same situation a few years ago and I know what that is like. Mothers are very special. God bless.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same goes for me Padre . I lost my mom four years ago .May the Lord comfort you at this special time .

4. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Thank God for a great testimony!

I'll pray for all of you.

R1

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

My prayers are with you and your family, Padre.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Padre - My prayers are with you and your family. I know it's so hard to lose a mom (I lost mine 9 years ago) but what a comfort to know that they're with their heavenly Father who they have looked forward to seeing all their lives. ((HUGS)) and prayers brother!

7. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went through this in 2005 - my wife went through the same just last year. I'll be praying for you and your family.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Padre, praying for you and yours: Remembering your loss is God's gain...and hoping you'll be comforted through and beyond these times, and that God will pour out His strength and his Spirit and move through the message he gives you to minister to one and all. Thankyou for sharing her wonderful life and testimony here.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I pray God comforts for you and your family at this time, and that He further encourages you in your race. You will meet at the finish line one day! What a joyous occasion that will be!

10. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Praying, too, Padre.
    I lost my Mom 18 years ago, and my much-loved StepMom earlier this year. I miss them both very much and that won't change til I get to see them again.

But it's SO good to know that they're home, no longer sick or hurting!

Praying for you and your family and thankful that God has blessed you all with the knowledge that your ma is home, too.
    :praying: :praying: :praying:

11. Cutter

Cutter New Member

God bless you, Bro. Padre. Our prayers are with you and your family during this time of your loss.

12. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. The service was held at the home church about 30 miles south of here. Nearly everyone from my church was there and most of the folks from the home church. It was a great celebration of Mama's homegoing. Mama was serious about funerals and she would've loved this one! I scanned about 100 pictures of her from age 1 to a picture taken three weeks ago. I put together a Powerpoint slide show that ran during visitation.

One of the highlights was a woman who testified that my folks used to take her to church back in the 1940s. This woman came to know the Lord through my folks and has served the Him for over 60 years. That is a legacy.:godisgood: