1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homeland Security Responds to Helicopter Harassment at Brown's Private Picnic

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by poncho, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

By: David Deschesne,
    Editor/Publisher, Fort Fairfield Journal
    August 23, 2007

On Saturday, July 14, a Department of Homeland Security Helicopter hovered over the home of Ed and Elaine Brown for over four hours, skimming the tree tops and beeping its on-board siren at a crowd of over 200 people who had assembled there to enjoy a barbecue picnic and concert with the Browns.

The Fort Fairfield Journal has received a copy of a letter from the Department of Homeland Security to Senator Collins regarding the incident.
    The letter states the helicopter was a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) aircraft, whose agents were operating in support of U.S. Marshall Service and Internal Revenue Service agents in an ongoing investigation of Ed and Elaine Brown.

“Ed and Elaine Brown are convicted felons under federal tax statutes,” wrote Luke P. Bellocchi, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Congressional Affairs with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “Since their conviction, the Browns have resisted federal arrest warrants by securing themselves in a compound and refusing to surrender themselves to federal law enforcement officials.”

There is currently no law in the United States requiring the filing of an income tax form, or payment of the taxes. Since there is no law, the Browns are guilty of nothing and the Federal Court ruling and arrest warrant are therefore bogus. Tax researcher, Tommy Cryer recently won a court case against the I.R.S. where I.R.S. agents and attorneys for the United States were unable to prove to a jury there is any law requiring the filing or payment of income tax in the United States.

Continue...

Convicted of breaking a law that doesn't exist. Interesting.

Wonder what public opinion would be if the "authorities" decide to take the Brown's "compound" by force and kill a few of those picnicers in the effort? How would they spin that to make them all look like evil willing combatants and "anti-government" types?

#1 poncho, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
  2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Helicopter harassment. What a valuable use of tax money and I expect they have now spent more to harass the Browns then they would've if they had collected from 'em. Not sure why they didn't just go to the screaming bunnies tracks ala Waco but maybe they're using that as their ace in the hole.:rolleyes:

I'm grateful for Tom Cryer and his victory but it is curious that he's a member of the very group that Ed Brown has accused of being behind the troubles he's had. One is free and the other has the attention of Homeland Security. Go figure.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

These are not honorable citizens...they are tax evaders, using the same arguments that others before them have made. They fail to render unto Caesar, they mooch off the rest of us. Put them in jail, I say! And this from one who has no love of the IRS.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

There is nothing to evade, so therefore no tax evasion. There was no law requiring them to pay taxes.

Joe

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Why was Tom Cryer found to be innocent?

7. Magnetic Poles

I am not familiar with that case, but courts do not find anyone "innocent". One may be found not guilty if the prosecution doesn't meet the standards of evidence to convict.

8. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The Cryer case was mentioned in the OP. If you are not familiar with that case then what makes you believe that you are well enough informed to slam the Browns the way you did?

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The only standard of evidence here was "the law". The one the prosecution never seems able to produce in any of these cases.

#9 poncho, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
  10. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

12. Magnetic Poles

I read the OP, I have not researched the actual facts. But I have interviewed many income tax protesters over the years, and most are now in prison, along with your beloved "Dr. Dino", where they all belong. If you believe that they are right, you should not pay your taxes either. See where you eventually end up.

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It is obvious that you have not researched the actual facts which is what I would encourage you to do. Research the facts and consider for once in your life, that perhaps, just maybe, there's the slightest of chances, the Christian is right and it's the big boys with big guns that are wrong.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think what he's saying is that whether a law exists or not doesn't matter. You'll be thrown in prison either way...so you'd better fear those that operate under the color of law.

In other words, do what yer told and and leave the details to Caesar.

#14 poncho, Aug 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.