1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hometown honor

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said in Mark 6:4 "A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin and in his own house"

Was he saying that often the locals do not show proper honor to a hometown native?

If so, then is that a culturer thing. In the US a town is extremly proud of hometown heros.

Thoghts?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It means that since the people in his hometown grew up with him and knew him since birth they don't view him as a prophet. To them he was the son of a carpenter and a carpenter himself, not a prophet.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you saying that someone else - who had done somthing worthwile (say a military leader) would have had special recognition.
    Or would Toms boyhood friends say "What Tom a great general - you have to be kidding - his dad was just a carpenter"?

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Video

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but because the thread is about home town hero, I thought I might post it.

You don't even need to have sound to understand the meaning.

Click here.