1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexual and Saved?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by gerald285, Jan 5, 2007.

?

Can a Homosexual be a Christian

Poll closed Feb 4, 2007.
  1. No, repentance and faith make it impossible

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Usually not, but yes in some circumstances

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. If they were saved first and backslide they can

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. If they were born that way it is possible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If they marry it makes it all right.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes, we are not saved by works but by faith

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  7. God accepts as we are and homosexuality is not a sin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yes if they stay with one partner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

The answer is NO according to scripture.
    1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Notice two things. One is that the Spirit knew that there woould be those who needed to be reminded not to be deceived into thinking that a practicing sinner would g to heaven.

Second from salvation the person no longer practices sin. RRemember;
    Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Finally the term is FEW who find the path. Pray for even the few. :praying:

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." - Matthew 5:28

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

They are English words deserving of English definitions. How do I know all of the English words you used in your response don't mean something different in Hebrew?

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I voted for the backsliding answer but my answer wasn't really there. I think that a practicing homosexual person can get saved and then continue for a short while in that lifestyle but eventually get convicted and stop. I know of at least 2 cases of this. I also know a couple of cases of a man and woman living together getting saved, then within several months realizing this was wrong. You cannot always realize when you are saved all the sins you may be in at the time. Sometimes God works on people gently.

However, if the person continues and does not repent of this or instead celebrates it as good, then that is a tiger of a different stripe.

This thread raises the question about the Christian gay churches - they claim to be born again but re-interpret scripture so that they teach practicing homosexuality is okay with God. Mel White is a good example of this.

What do you all think of that? Maybe someone should start a poll on that.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

Thank you for that. My reply was your usage "have adultery in the heart" which appeared like you felt it was a perminant heart condition and not a quick few moments of lusting. Everyone has committed adultery in their heart to a degree. it's expected in our fallen nature, but again, Jesus paid for this on the cross.

If I tell my wife I have committed adultery in my heart, she will be disappointed. If I tell her I have acted upon it in real life, I don't even want to imagine...Hope it's better understood now.

#25 Joe, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

It should be interesting to see where this ends up...

7. standingfirminChrist

No such thing as adultery in the heart? Rufus created the label? Then you deny Jesus himself. For He said:

Oh wait... Now I understand... Rufus told Jesus to say that.

8. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Those are nice examples, but you do not know that they were saved. In fact what you are doing is rejecting scripture to give a testimony that completely rejects what the bible says.

1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Notice that it says, "Do not be deceived"! So to hold another view is to be deceived. At my salvation I was in a relationship with a woman who was lost and we were planning marriage. Immediately upon salvation I knew that this would not work now that I had accepted the Lord so I broke off all communications. Also I had absolutely no understanding of scripture, but the spirit made it clear that this was wrong. He does no different with anyone else. There is absolutely no evidence any place in scripture where a person gets saved and for months or years continues in the practice of sin. To the contrary scripture makes it clear that such does not happen.

The new birth brings a change of heart and a change of life. It is a narrow road not a broad one. Old things pass away and all things become new. I am glad that these people finally got saved and came out of their sin, but this is done swiftly, not over weeks and months and years of time. The practice of sin stops at salvation for a true believe.. We forsake all to come to Him.

I am afraid that what is happening today is cheap grace is being offered and many are professing instead of possessing. :wavey:

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I bet that sure showed her the love of Jesus and made her want what you had.

Did you do that with your unsaved family members too?

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

he didn't even give the Lord a chance to see what He was going to do through that relationship, like maybe she would have been saved.

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Sin is sin. I am a liar, but I have been saved by the grace of God. I am a thief, but I have been saved by God's mercy.

12. I Am Blessed 24

Exactly, Donna!

I wonder how he would have felt if Jesus withdrew from him while he was still lost?

What compassion... :tear:

13. Joe

Joe New Member

:D

SFIC, NOW YOU BE GOOD. NO SARCASTIC REMARKS!
    LOVE,
    LORDY RUFUS :thumbs: :)

14. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Then the Apostle Paul was either mistaken or was not a true believer.

Paul affirmes in both passages that his body still sins, even though his spirit (the new creature) would have him do the things of God.

From the time we are born until the time we die we are sinful creatures. We will only completely quit sin once we are glorified. Glorification of the spirit happens at the new birth and glorification of the flesh happens at the second coming of Christ. Basically, in heaven, we will no longer be subject to sin of any kind, in the spirit or flesh.

Today, I am as much a sinner as anyone else is, with an exception. I have the shed blood of Jesus Christ covering me, and I have been born again so that I might see that blood.

That is the sole difference between one who has been born again and one who has not. My heart/spirit yearns to do godly things, whereas a person who has not been regenerated does not have that yearning. That does not in any sense mean that my sinful body is incapable of sin. I regret those sins which I commit, just as Paul did.

I would not be surprised if many homosexuals today secretly despise the acts they are committing and know them to be wrong, but are allowing their fleshly, sinful nature to have control over their bodies.

One thing that we humans have always had to deal with, and always will, from Adam to the last man, is vanity. We have great trouble seeing our own faults and weaknesses and even greater trouble admitting to them.

Rather than condemning a whole lot of people to hell, which we have no right to do, and which makes us look like a bunch of Fred Phelps, Jr.'s, we should pray for God to open the eyes of all His children to their sins and pray that they and we would have the strength to overcome our flesh and live a more God-honoring life.

#34 Bro. James Reed, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  15. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

16. I Am Blessed 24

Then why do we have IJohn 1:8-10 in the Bible?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I'm glad you became perfect the minute you got saved. It's not that easy for most of us - it's a growing process.

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Don't tell me I reject scripture and am deceived, and then put the wavey icon at the end (which I removed).

I do not reject scripture, for your information.

I did not say the people in the gay churches were believers, if you read what I said.

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Good post! :thumbs:

And people who are saved do repent and come out sinful lifestyles, but not always instantly. It took me a year and a half to realize some of the things I had done were evil. I didn't even understand why they were evil when I was saved - I only knew God didn't like them. It took me over a year to switch from pro-choice to pro-life, and only because the Lord showed me as I read and understood his word. My view had been so skewed for so long, it took awhile for the twists to come out.

I'm so glad the Lord has more grace than some of the people on this Board.

19. I Am Blessed 24

Amen, Marcia!

The Bible says that we all have a sin that so easily besets us.

Paul struggled with sin all of his life - as do we all.

To say otherwise is to call God a liar 'cause He wrote the Book!

There was only one perfect person born and it sure wasn't me - or anyone else on this board!

20. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

"These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God." - Genesis 6:9

"And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect." - Genesis 17:1

"But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days." - 1 Kings 15:14

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." - Job 1:1