1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexual groups advocate at Christian colleges with Christian Council blessing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Officials from the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, representing very conservative schools, are helping to plan an "equality ride" which has homosexual students/activists visiting the campuses of Christian colleges and universities across the country. Liberty denied them access, but Pacific Azusa and Biola are at least 2 schools that are hosting them.

Keep in mind that officials from the organization of these colleges is helping to sponsor this trip where the gay activists will visit classes and give talks explaining why the Bible is not against homosexuality. You have to read this to believe it (it was in the March 11 edition of the Washington Post). This is just a small excerpt.

The Bible tells us not to eat with those who call themselves Christians but persist in sin and are unrepentant, yet one of the schools is hosting the group at a breakfast.

I think it is fine for Christian colleges to bring this issue up and give the students tools for how to respond to it, and I even think a formal debate on campus might be okay to show students the biblical refutations of the pro-homosexual arguments (which have become increasingly sophisticated), but to host gay activists and give them a forum in classes is wrong. And for this Christian Council to help sponsor the whole thing is incredible.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

So no one has a problem with this?

College students will see and hear the stories of these young gay students and emotionally fall for it. They do not have the maturity in many cases to realize that just because someone has been mistreated, that does not make homosexuality okay.

Also, the "Christian" homosexual community has very sophisticated arguments that claim the Bible does not teach that homosexuality is wrong. Of course, their stand is invalid, but a lot of adult Christians would be at a loss as to how to respond, much less college students. I have seen and read these arguments myself.

How many here are concerned that the Council over these conservative "Christ-centered" colleges and universities is helping the homosexual group with their plans to visit the Christian campuses?

3. standingfirminChrist

I would say if these 'Christ-centered' colleges and universities are helping homosexuals in their plans to 'bridge the gap' as Chad Allen stated a couple months ago, then those colleges and universities are no longer 'Christ-centered'.

4. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

I am a red letter Christian, and I just don't take all that I read in the stack of paper many call the bible as "infallible." I'm not Catholic; men wrote and edited the bible to suit their political and financial interests in some cases.

However, John 1:1 (In the beginning was the Word...)does make the most sense, suggesting the "real WORD" preexisted the King James Version. The Word is delivered by the Holy Spirit to the hearts of all.

I'm sorry, what little we know of what Christ said, as even his words are abridged by the apostles.. suggests a great tolerance and love.

5. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

And the luke warm church marches further on towards self destruction.

6. standingfirminChrist

if one is a red letter christian, one would hold those written words dear to his or her heart. Jesus said in John 5:39 that we are to search the scriptures, for they testify of Him.

The Old and New Testament writings are to be precious to the true believer.

Boanerges,
    How right you are.

7. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

SuperBaptist said:

I am a red letter Christian, and I just don't take all that I read in the stack of paper many call the bible as "infallible." . . .

I'm sorry, what little we know of what Christ said, as even his words are abridged by the apostles.. suggests a great tolerance and love.

Those words aren't infallible, so why should we choose to believe them? :rolleyes:

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Marcia said:

Liberty denied them access, but Pacific Azusa and Biola are at least 2 schools that are hosting them.

My pastor is a graduate of Biola. I'll bet he'd be shocked at how far they've gone down the down-grade in the last few decades.

9. standingfirminChrist

Sadly, Ransom, it will get much worse.

10. I'm4Given

I'm4Given New Member

Yes, the worse is yet to come. How can someone call themselves Super Baptist and then post like they did. Woe to all those who believe that way.

11. standingfirminChrist

We can show love, but we cannot be tolerant of sin. We can love that homosexual, that thief, that junkie, that prostitute, that sinner right into hell if we do not show them the Word of God and teach them His paths.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If we do not point out sin and show God's judgment for sin, their blood will be on our hands.

12. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Superbaptist, I have the ideal forum for you. It's over in the I don't know what I believe section. There are folks there who can help you out, I'm sure. You may also want to post a few comments over at Agnosticism and Thought: Are they compatible?

13. standingfirminChrist

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

It is inconceivable that this is happening. Thank goodness Liberty said no. I'd like to know where else they've tried to get in.

SuperBaptist -- I've got to believe the whole thing or nothing. How in the world with my finite wisdom would I be able to pick and choose what words in the Bible are true.

And it is true we should show great love, but I can love someone and tell them that Jesus loves them and tell them that their actions are sinful and keeping them from a relationship with Christ. I can certainly say, in all love, that you sinful actions would keep you from coming into my house (school, church) to push your sinful agenda. And in love, I can pray for the salvation of those involved in pushing that agenda.

15. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I loved this:
    How about if we are seen as standing on biblical principles?

16. standingfirminChrist

It is a shame when standing on the clear word of God is considered homophobic.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Amen!

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Jesus as the Word and the Bible as God's word are not the same thing -- and what good is it to know Jesus if you don't trust the words he says in the Bible? You state that you don't think the Bible is all necessarily God's word, then you refer to Jn 1.1. That's contradictory. How do you know Jn 1.1. is God's word? Why do you quote it?

Jesus did come to show God's love but he also will come again to judge sin. Love means nothing if it accepts everything - Jesus is righteous and loving, and those attributes are not contradictory.

19. RandR

RandR New Member

Has anybody bothered even to see if cccu has made a statement on this?

It took less than 30 seconds to find their website and this link: web page

Their stance will still be seen as too liberal for some, but to say they've "endorsed" or given their "blessing" the ride is a violation of the 9th commandment.

20. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Now if Liberty had said no to moon's money, or returned it once they found out the source, I would have really respected them. [​IMG]