1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexual groups advocate at Christian colleges with Christian Council blessing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Karen

Karen Active Member

“The pitifully ignorant and empty headed imbeciles who have no knowledge or intelligence with which to refute the evidence presented by the educated and wise and therefore resort to poking fun at the men themselves more than amply demonstrate their own depraved state of mind.” Julius R. Townsend

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Careful there, Craig. :D The words you quote could be used against you, equating those who disagree with you as imbeciles who deserve to be in St. Mary's asylum in Jerusalem.

Karen

2. standingfirminChrist

Karen, at least he didn't assign us to the fires of hell as he has in times past.

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

No... I doubt either of them would have believed Noah when he said that God had told him a flood was coming. None of the educated men of his day did you know... and they "must" have been right, huh? </font>[/QUOTE]I have already incontrovertibly proven that there is no Biblical evidence that Noah was a real person. He may or may not have been; the Bible simply does not provide us with that information any more than it endorses the Mormon practice of baptizing the dead. But, just like the Mormons and J.W.’s, there are plenty of fundamentalists who cherish their pre-conceived ideas of what the Bible teaches rather than what the Bible really teaches. I don’t fellowship with the Mormons and J.W.’s, and I am no longer going to fellowship in this thread.

[​IMG]

4. standingfirminChrist

You only have proven it in your own mind, Craig. No one who truly believes the Word of God denies the story of the Great Flood

5. standingfirminChrist

No... I doubt either of them would have believed Noah when he said that God had told him a flood was coming. None of the educated men of his day did you know... and they "must" have been right, huh? </font>[/QUOTE]I have already incontrovertibly proven that there is no Biblical evidence that Noah was a real person. He may or may not have been; the Bible simply does not provide us with that information any more than it endorses the Mormon practice of baptizing the dead. But, just like the Mormons and J.W.’s, there are plenty of fundamentalists who cherish their pre-conceived ideas of what the Bible teaches rather than what the Bible really teaches. I don’t fellowship with the Mormons and J.W.’s, and I am no longer going to fellowship in this thread.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]How does one incontrovertibly prove that Noah was not a real person, yet say that Noah may or may not have been real?

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No... I doubt either of them would have believed Noah when he said that God had told him a flood was coming. None of the educated men of his day did you know... and they "must" have been right, huh? </font>[/QUOTE]I have already incontrovertibly proven that there is no Biblical evidence that Noah was a real person.</font>[/QUOTE] If you think you have provided anything remotely approaching evidence for Noah's "non-existence" then you are dangerously delusional.
    Yes it does. On the one hand, you have someone referenced by name as a person and included in geneologies... to whom God made promises referenced by Isaiah as proof of God's trustworthiness... the events of whose life are referenced in both testaments.... In short, a person we have every biblical reason to believe was real as numerous other biblical characters.

On the other hand, you have a single verse that has no direct cross reference that we can only approach with respect to the whole context of scripture. While we can limit any interpretation to those that do not add to scripture nor contradict other teachings, we cannot affirm what exactly that text means.

That is certainly a case of the cast iron pot calling the stainless steel pan black.

This whole discussion is about a preconception you bring to the texts regarding Noah. Reading "what the Bible really teaches" directly from scripture provides absolutely no basis for questioning a literal Noah or literal flood.
    FTR, I am not fellowshipping with you. I am repudiating your ungodly, doubt filled, man exalting assertions.

7. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

"incontrovertibly" ROFL!

Keep it up, Craig, this material is priceless. [​IMG]

8. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

That's really all there is to the whole argument right there - the heart and soul of Theological Liberalism - disbelief in, and sitting in judgment of, what God said.

"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be ... (Jesus Christ, Matthew 14:27)

".. marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark ..." (Jesus Christ, Matthew 14:38)

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

“The pitifully ignorant and empty headed imbeciles who have no knowledge or intelligence with which to refute the evidence presented by the educated and wise and therefore resort to poking fun at the men themselves more than amply demonstrate their own depraved state of mind.” Julius R. Townsend

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Once again you show your lack of knowledge in your use of the word depraved. Sad [​IMG] for one who thinks he is an intellectual giant among intellectual midgets. :D :D :D

10. OldRegular

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]How does one incontrovertibly prove that Noah was not a real person, yet say that Noah may or may not have been real?

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Standing firm

You have, as they say, hoisted Craig by his own petard. :D :D [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

I have seen nothing but ad hominem attacks on this page and nothing of the thread, which as I recall... oh yeah... Free Speech for Homosexuals at Christian Schools.

God forbid, we should hear what homosexuals have to say before we judge them.

Why don't you guys start a thread like, let's hate people with funny hair... or no hair... that's a good one, or no legs. Oh, I'd be jumping up and down about that one!

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What would you like to hear?
    Sin is sin. Homosexuality is an abomination before God.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

We read about the wrath of God, and God giving them up. God is abhorred with their sin. If you want to know what to hear about the homosexuals listen to what God has to say. Read Romans chapter one.
    DHK

13. OldRegular

What would you like to hear?
    Sin is sin. Homosexuality is an abomination before God.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

We read about the wrath of God, and God giving them up. God is abhorred with their sin. If you want to know what to hear about the homosexuals listen to what God has to say. Read Romans chapter one.
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]Won't do any good for superbaptist to read Romans. Remember he is a "red letter" Chriatian.

posted by superbaptist March 13, 2006 05:57 PM

14. standingfirminChrist

I have never heard of a Baptist who thought the Bible was edited by man to suit man's political and financial interests.

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

SuperBaptist, once again you seem to miss the point. This is not about hating anyone. Nor is it about denying free speech. This is about whether to allow homosexuals a forum to advocate their position.

Do you think that we who have posted are ignorant of the homosexual positions? We are quite aware of them. I have even read their pro-homosexual arguments in which they (mis)use biblical passages to support their views. And as I said earlier, I used to do astrological readings for lesbian witches (and for gay men) so I am hardly ignorant of their lifestyles or positions. I also know gay people whom I like as people.

This is also not about judging them, but about the response to the advocacy of homosexuality.

16. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

What? You consider the following ad hominem?

That's really all there is to the whole argument right there - the heart and soul of Theological Liberalism - disbelief in, and sitting in judgment of, what God said.

"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be ... (Jesus Christ, Matthew 14:27)

".. marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark ..." (Jesus Christ, Matthew 14:38)
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ad hominem?

I realize there's an easily attainable level of liberal thought that many reach, where the scriptures just don't mean anything.

But do common words of the English language not mean anything anymore, as well? I guess you can reach a point in relativism where there is just no meaning at all - it's all so relative no combination of words can mean anything. You just sovereignly relate meaning out of existence.

17. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

IveyLeaguer wrote,

When are Christian fundamentalists going to get their act together and stop posting ad hominem statements and start dealing with reality by posting something that that shows the actual weaknesses in their opponent’s arguments? No liberal theology has yet been posted in this thread, and most certainly not by me for I am sticking VERY CLOSELY to mainstream conservative theology regarding the authorship of Genesis and the literary milieu to which it belongs. These views did not originate with me, but are result of very many years of study by many of the finest conservative scholars.

That the story of Noah Ark is an epic tale rather than an historical account of actual events is a matter of well documented and established fact. Not only does the story portray that which is absolutely imposible as though it was performed without difficulty by a family of eight, but both biologists and geologists have absolutely and incontrovertibly proven that such a flood did not occur on the earth in the last 100,000 years.

None of these facts in any way diminishes the truth of the Bible or anything that God has ever said—but it diminishes to worthless babble the interpretation of the Bible by fundamentalists who are either ignorant of the facts or have chosen to ignore them. The mantra “God said” chanted over and over again does absolutely nothing to the change the fact that God NEVER said what the fundamentalists are claiming that He said. Among conservative Bible scholars there is a wide range of thought regarding the inspiration of the various books of the Bible, but I am not aware of any conservative Bible scholar living and teaching today who believes that it is accurate to use expressions like “God said. . . .” because there is nothing in the Bible that even remotely suggests that that either the Old Testament or the New Testament was dictated by God.

I agree that homosexual propaganda does not belong on the campuses of Christian colleges and universities, but I do not believe that it is nearly as dangerous as “Christian” fundamentalist propaganda that begins with the words, “God said . . . .” and which are followed by quotes from the Bible taken out of context and twisted and distorted to teach something that they most definitely were never intend to mean. You may personally disagree with mainstream conservative theology but to falsely label it as “liberal” theology is a misrepresentation of the facts.

For the “Christian” fundamentalist interpretation of Genesis 1 – 11 to be the true interpretation it is absolutely necessary that the flood actually occurred and that Noah’s Ark really existed and that the Ark actually served the purpose it is described as serving. I have posted in this thread very strong arguments that support the view of mainstream conservative Old Testament scholarship that the flood never occurred and that Noah’s Ark never existed and that no boat or ship could have served the purpose the Ark is described and serving. Rather than falsely calling me a liberal, see if you can refute the hundreds of thousands of volumes of evidence upon which mainstream conservative Old Testament scholarship bases their theology regarding the story of Noah’s Ark. The mountain of evidence against your interpretation is enormous, and name calling doesn’t make one little dent in it. You are left with Noah and seven other people trying to keep alive a huge quantity of animas whose thousands of habitats and niches have been completely and permanently destroyed and the animals have nothing to eat. Such a task could not have been performed even by a team of hundreds of biologists and zoologists because the habitats no longer existed and there was no way for the animals that came from Australia and New Zealand to get back there, and even if they did, there would be nothing there for them to eat.

[​IMG]

18. standingfirminChrist

As I stated earlier, you are calling our Lord Jesus Christ a liar by saying the account of Noah and the flood is not a historical event. Both Jesus Christ and Peter spoke of Noah and the flood.

19. standingfirminChrist

With man it may be impossible, but with God all things are possible.

20. standingfirminChrist

Ge 1:3,6,9,11,14,20,24,26,28-29; 2:18; 3:1,13-14,22; 4:25; 6:13; 9:12,17; 17:9,15,19; 20:6; 21:12; 35:1,10-11; 41:51; Ex 3:14-15; 13:17; Nu 22:12; Jg 6:20; 1Ki 3:5,11; 13:8; 2Ki 4:27; 5:20; 6:6; 1Ch 11:2; 14:14; 28:3; 2Ch 1:11; Ho 1:6; Jon 4:9; Lu 12:20

All of these verses use the phrase "God said".