1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexual groups advocate at Christian colleges with Christian Council blessing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Mar 13, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

2 Timothy 3:14-17 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2. standingfirminChrist

God is powerful enough to cause plants to regrow. He can place animals where He wants. His miracles are not all recorded in the Word of God. If Genesis 1 - 11 never happened then that would mean that you do not exist. For Genesis 1 - 2 give the account of the creation of this world and all that are therein. David believed that God created the world and all therein. Jesus spoke about the events of Noah in two different Gospels; Matthew 24 and Luke 17. Your denial of the truth of God's Word and all the books in the world do not mean anything. The Holy Bible records the creation story, the story of the flood, and the ultimate end of man who denies God's Son.

How God kept those animals alive, we don't know. And frankly, I don't care. But the Bible tells us He did it and that is good enough for me.

God said it... That settles it... whether you believe it or not.

3. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

You don't believe the Bible, Craig. You have that right, and are certainly among the majority in professed Christianity today. I would logically document from scripture the problems with your theology and its inherent conclusions but the truth about unbelief is rooted in Genesis 3, which you don't believe. That is reality.

Though it can be logically discerned to great extent, the way a person really knows that the Bible is God's inspired, infallible, record of Words is not something attainable through human effort. It is the gift of God, a faith from above, not below, manifested by God the Holy Spirit Himself.

I have no interest in arguing theology with unbelievers, conservative or otherwise, because it's a waste of time. And time is short.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When are Christian fundamentalists going to get their act together and stop posting ad hominem statements and start dealing with reality by posting something that that shows the actual weaknesses in their opponent’s arguments? No liberal theology has yet been posted in this thread, and most certainly not by me for I am sticking VERY CLOSELY to mainstream conservative theology regarding the authorship of Genesis and the literary milieu to which it belongs. These views did not originate with me, but are result of very many years of study by many of the finest conservative scholars.

That the story of Noah Ark is an epic tale rather than an historical account of actual events is a matter of well documented and established fact. Not only does the story portray that which is absolutely imposible as though it was performed without difficulty by a family of eight, but both biologists and geologists have absolutely and incontrovertibly proven that such a flood did not occur on the earth in the last 100,000 years.
    /QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Deal with facts Craig. You have stated nothing but liberal opinion that is based on nothing but philosophicial speculation. Philosophy has rightly been defined as: vain man's speculation. That is what you are doing instead of dealing with the facts that are so clearly written in the New Testament. It is paramount to calling Christ a liar. You are saying that Christ didn't mean what he said. You are putting words in his mouth. You are the one that is making him a liar and are calling him illiterate, solely on your opinion of what the culture of the day was like. But you weren't there were you? You weren't an eyewitness to these events. You didn't interview Christ. This is all your guesswork--your opinion. You have taken facts and distorted them into opinion. You refuse to take what Christ said literally.

In an example if I say have four children: three boys and a girl, you might as well say that I am speaking allegorically. My culture dictates that really I built four snowmen. (We just had a fall of 8 inches of snow overnight and are expecting another 4 inches throughout today. Culturally speaking you would guess that my children are really snowmen that I have built in my front yard, and not literally children that my wife and I have procreated. After all, All Americans know that Canadians live in igloos, get around on dog-sleds, fight with the snow mosquitos and ice snakes year around. You know by our culture that we mean snow children don't you? Everything is allegorical isn't it?
    DHK

5. atestring

atestring New Member

We are to have a great tolerance of people but not the behavior of people.
    Sin is sin and to not acknowledge sin as sin keeps one in the state of being a sinner.
    To be saved we are to repent of our sins. John The Baptist did not baptize weveryone but told some of them to bring forth fruit of repentance.
    I could have loved Al Capone but Icould not be involved in his activities.

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

7. Craigbythesea

As is all too typical of “Christian” fundamentalists, you are confusing your own terribly distorted and ludicrous interpretations of the Bible with the Bible itself. I most certainly believe the Bible, every word of it, but I most certainly do not believe your terribly distorted and ludicrous interpretations of the Bible that directly and explicitly contradict known and established facts—facts which you deny but for which you have no foundation for your denial. But this is nothing new—throughout the history of the Church we find the foolish and the ignorant putting to death the wise and learned because “the Bible literally teaches that the earth is flat and that the earth revolves around the sun.” Painfully slowly, however, the “literal” interpretation of the Bible changes as the foolish and the ignorant slowly begin to admit the fact that the earth is NOT flat and that the earth does NOT revolve around the sun. But, in the mean time, these “Christian” fundamentalists are doing immeasurable harm to the spread of the gospel by making it appear to be ridiculous nonsense based upon the denial of reality. Mainline conservative Christian theology is not the enemy of the cross of Christ.

[​IMG]

8. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

SFIC, DHK, you guys have bullyed enough. Many are sick of it. Cut it out, now! Disagree, but name calling, misquoting, twisting, and laughing at people is very unChristian. DHK especially, you have higher responsibility around here, to warn against thae kind of behavior I have seen exhibited in this thread.

Now, if people have nothing esle to say about the subject of the thread (Read it), I recommend it be closed. The foaming, hateful attacks must end.

Noah... what?

9. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

While you digress, Go Tarheels!

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

SuperBaptist,
    How about them Cats?

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I suppose you have read every one of those hundreds of thousands of volumes of evidence. Or are you speaking allegorically? :D :D [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. standingfirminChrist

Of course he has them, OR. But it is to much to write. lol

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

To all in this thread,
    I had some of my posts edited in "Babies in Hell" because I defended a person who has a mentally challenged child was told by Craig and another that this persons soul could end up in hell. I accused him (Craig) of having no love in his heart and his posts being unbiblical. I must have let my emotions get away with me, but this person will make your anger rise, so try and temper your feelings. Lots of believers getting very angry from this one person tells me lots.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The OP:

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

What was Paul's attitude toward sexual immorality?

1 Corinthians 5:1-5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

All sexual immorality is bad. One of the worst forms is homosexuality. Regardless God will judge it all.
    DHK

15. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Great team, winningest record in the game, but I am a Tarheel and a Trojan (Officially). Tarheel Basketball and Trojan Football. After that anybody but Duke. You gotta respect a team that lost its top 7 scorers after a NCAA Champ, then returns with a 23-7 pre-tourn season. Their Freshmen are running the game. It's amazing.

Cats, 8th seed I think, will be tough. would love to see them do well. Clean program, good grad rate, no complaints here.

Now, for the thread. Are we ever gonna see Christian Sportsmanship here. I have never seen such children, twisting words and outright condemning people to hell for disagreeing with them. They will question your salvation. It doesn't get much lower than that. Good thing God doesn't really care what they think about my salvation.

It has been very intersting to see how the homosexuals have calmy and respectfully presented their cases to Christians at these schools. All in all, I think no one is going to suffer from listening to them. My faith is strong enough to allow free speech from all without fear. Others are running scared.

Some even rank sin. DHK above.

I think it's a "guy" thing. Some I hear on this thread seem to think these homosexuals may recruit them or something. That's all I can figure.

Go Heels, Good luck UK.

16. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

superbaptist and craigbythesea

You guys have issues I mean real issues

This is what I am hear,

"I cant believe all you people think the sky is blue its green cant you see its green"

"God isn't all powerful he is limited by what I think he can do according to science"

"God didnt write the Bible man did"

"Jesus didnt say what he said he said, he said what I think he said"

Oh you two you error in your ways

The God I serve is infallable, omnipotent, omnipresent, Alpha and Omega the God you serve is yourself. You are the centers of your own religions. Satan is well pleased with what he has done in your lives. You have come to the wrong place to spread the lies of that wicked one. I will pray for you two.

17. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

Leviticus 18:22

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

This speaks directly against homosexuality

how can you say its not wrong

18. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Thank you Rev., I'm sure God really cares what you think about my salvation, not!

Can you attack the thread please? If you want to start a thread about how I am going to hell, and thump your Bible on my head, do it. I am sure you will have great company. Meanwhile, your standard as a Rev. (a real one?) is higher than mine. I'm just a normal guy who takes the great commission seriously, leads people to Christ, lives what I believe to be a Christlike existence, and look forward to heaven!

God bless you, Bro.

19. Craigbythesea

Mr. Lowery,

No one in this thread is saying that the practice of homosexuality is not a mortal sin. But the sin of lying and deliberately distorting the facts about what other people believe and have written is also a mortal sin. Most surely the homosexuals are not the only ones who will be spending eternity in the fires of hell. I most assuredly hope that the false statements and misrepresentations that you have posted were not deliberate, but that they were posted in carelessness and ignorance of the facts.

Rev. 21:7. "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
    8. "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
    (NASB, 1995)

[​IMG]

20. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Yeah, yeah, and pork and shellfish... the Levites are even commanded to kill them. I'm glad things have changed according to Christ.