1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

homosexual invasion

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by don 3426, Jan 9, 2005.

1. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

Well said !! And I would add that prayer toward admitting our own sin, so that our "feet may be cleansed daily", and the "plank may be removed daily", and prayer toward being able to witness the truth of God's word in love, is absolutely necessary before witnessing to anyone anytime.

2. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

My stepbrother (now passed) was a homosexual. I don't support it but at the same time I can understand their battles. I agree that it is a choice they make and sometimes that choice can't always be explained. Why they would choose that road I don't know. It's a hard one.

3. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

I sorry to hear about that, my sister. We all have our battles. Satan knows where we are weakest. But, praise God that greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world!! We CAN have victory over the temptations of the devil.

4. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I love knowing that I can have victory over temptation and that I am going to Heaven one day, but for my stepbrother, I'm afraid that's not the case. It makes me sick to think about it. Homosexuality is a huge sin and I don't know how forgiving God is. Sadly the way he died was what some would consider a sin since he committed suicide. I'm not sure that this is an ordeal I will ever be comforted on. I just try not to think about it.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

God is as forgiving as he would be of your sins. Last time I read by bible, God doesn't forgive or save people on a curve. There are more people who have unrepented of sins of theft than of homosexual behavior (Just wait until April 15th and see how many Christian people excuse why they cheat on their taxes, and then brag about it). Yet they are saved just the same.

There is not a one of us who is worthy of the love of God. Yet there is not one of us whom God will turn away if we seek Him.

6. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

But what if he never did seek him?

7. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

That's right. James said that if we trangress in one point of the law, we've transgressed it all!! There IS no curve to grade on because one sin makes a person a sinner and in need of salvation. And, if we fall and we commit sin, and we ask for forgiveness, He is faithful to forgive us our sins. Just like the father in the parable of the prodigal son, God RUNS toward us when we turn away from our sins and turn toward Him!!

8. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

originally posted by Johnv
    It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Who cares about an empty church if every one is made right with God? (not to start a fight or anything)

your servant
    fishnbread

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then it's no different than if a heterosexual had never seeked him. The specific sin is inconsequential. Saved or not, all sin. Saved or not, all have sinned. Saved or not, all will sin.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Hmmm, so let me get this straight. First, we shouldn't allow a sinner to come into the church, and second, we shouldn't come into church if we're right with God. By that reckoning, no one should be in church, period.

Oh, and btw, none of us are right with God. The moment we sin, we blow it. And, all of us sin every say, sometimes several times a day.

11. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

originally posted by DavidFWhite3
    Which is heresy.

I understand homosexuality, it's an abomination that Jesus hates. All sin is a threat to righteousness and we be punished by eternal fire, that statement was heresy.

There is no biblical evidence to support your theory that hatred of homosexuals is the most devistating evil, so that statment was heresy. Brothers and Sisters heresy is sin.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There are plenty of abominations that Jesus hates. Why do we pound away at homosexuality, but we don't nearly as often address the mroe common ones?

Sorry, but, fi we're saved, we're not punished by eternal fire, regardless of our sin. The same goes for a homosexual who is saved. In fact, there is not a single person here on this board who does not have unrepented sin on his heart.
    Hatred of homosexuals is forbidden. Scripture does not call us to hate anyone. Hate a sin, absolutely. But hate a person, sorry, but we're forbidden.

13. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

No we should not let a sinner become a member of our church, if you read the Bible you will find scripture to support this belief.

You can't prove all of us (saved believers) sin everyday, prohaps you know some one that does but, I ain't him. And FYI we (saved individuals) are right with God from the moment we got saved Jesus washed all our sins away with his blood, if not we would go to hell when we die. Brothers and Sister Mr John's post was also heresy, just like DavidFWhite3's was.

your servant
    fishnbread

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Every member of my church, including me, is a sinner.

Really? You haven't sinned today? Did you exceed the speed limit while driving today? Did you obey all traffic regulations. like stopping behind the yellow line, not changing lanes in intersections, etc? Did you get to work on time, and, if so, did you not exceed your lunck and break times?

No, we don't get right, we get saved. We're no more right than we were before. In fact, the reason we need to be saved is because of our unrighteousness. But, that pont aside, you're assuming that a homosexual is automatically unsaved. Based on what? I hae a cousin who is saved, and he is gay. He's celibate, btw, and struggles (and sometimes fails) with his homosexuality. Just like every other Christian who struggles with sin.
    Look, that's self-righteousness on yoru part, which is a sin.

15. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Up to seven "heresies" now and only on page 4.

16. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

posted by johnv

17. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

I don't want to fight back and foreward with you Johnv so consider me backing out of our little personal brawl.

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think the issue is one of these:
    1. Someone is saying they are a Christian but they are continuing in a sin without repenting and we can see it (homosexuality, adultery, stealing, etc.)
    2. Someone is not a believer but is living a lifestyle that is openly sinful (homosexual partners, living with a partner outside marriage, etc.)

For #1, 1 Cor 5 covers it:
    A person claiming to be a believer and openly engaging in and continuing in sin must be confronted, and if he does not repent, must be put "outside the church" so that God brings conviction to him and he repents. We are not even supposed to socialize with this person. This has nothing to do with the fact we all sin every day. God apparently sees certain continuing sins such as the above as worthy of attention.

For #2, yes, that person can come to church, be welcomed, and we pray they hear God's word and encounter Christ. We take a firm stand on God's word and what sin is and pray that person will be convicted.

The two situations are different and God's word gives different approaches for them.

19. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

i would still like to know this beef people have with jerry falwell and his 9/11 speach. because whoever was saying he blamed homosexuals was clearly twisting it to prove there own point and therfore descredited themselves. So far i have seen nothing to show Jerry falwell in the wrong for his brutaly honist believe christians should have. And more should be part of the political arena as he is.

20. GeneMBridges

GeneMBridges New Member

Because, speaking as somebody that has come out of that particular heresy myself due to God's sovereign grace, homosexuality is a systemic sin and those caught in it are more akin to persons that are in cult religions that the sins you listed.

Think about it. The Bible, EVERY time homosexuality is mentioned, places idolatry in the same sin list and usually relates homosexuality directly to the sin of idolatry. I would hope you'd see that in Scripture.

You should really take a look at these articles, particularly this one. The homosexual is a special needs prospect in missions and evangelism, just like Mormons, JW's, and (insert name of religion here).:

http://www.harvestusa.org/articles/reaching%20gays.htm

http://www.harvestusa.org/articles/legends.htm

http://www.harvestusa.org/articles/compassion_so_hard.htm