1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

homosexuality and forgiveness

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pete Richert, May 16, 2003.

1. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Diane I feel that you should pray that they would be saved. Yes they may have a relationship with Christ but I fear that it is nothing more than a knowledge of Him and the Bible. I believe the key to their lost condition is that although you have pointed them to scripture they refuse to accept it. If a person is saved the holy spirit will speak to them. I am not claiming they are lost because of their lifestyle choice but because of their failure to accept that the Bible condemns their choice. I feel that some of the things we tend to argue about such as clothing and hair and drinking do not fit this same category. Some of these things have opposing scriptures covering them at times so they should be classified as convictions but homosexuality as you have attempted to show them is sinful and condemned by God.
    Murph

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Murph, I should have said "I never questioned their salvation TO THEM". In my heart......

I agree with you! I am no longer living near these people. They're both in Connecticut, but I do pray that their eyes be opened. I know I did what I could while there....

Thanks, Murph!
    Diane

3. Flippo

Flippo Member

When one is saverd there must be repentence from sin. Does this mean we never sin again? no, we will sin again.

If a man is truly convicted of his sin and repents and believes in the gospel, he will be saved.

If a man has one sin among many and is willing to repent for all sins but that one sin, is he truly repenting? I don't believe he/she is.

Phil

4. RomOne16

RomOne16 New Member

This is sounding awfully close to salvation by works.

Is my salvation based on what I do (make a list of my sins, check it twice. Make sure I'm not forgetting to repent of one 'cause man, if I am, I'm not really saved, right? :rolleyes: ) or not?

I know what I believe. All of Grace and none of me. But that's not what I'm seeing here.

5. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

This is sounding awfully close to salvation by works.

Is my salvation based on what I do (make a list of my sins, check it twice. Make sure I'm not forgetting to repent of one 'cause man, if I am, I'm not really saved, right? :rolleyes: ) or not?

I know what I believe. All of Grace and none of me. But that's not what I'm seeing here. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sorry but I don't see a works doctrine here at all. Look at it again: If a man has one sin among many and is willing to repent for all sins but that one sin, is he truly repenting? I don't believe he/she is.

Notice the key word WILLING Jesus said whosoever WILL may come. By Grace are you saved thru faith. The grace is His gift but it comes to us by faith. I don't see the poster stating that he is keeping a list but rather he is pointing out that for a Christian to know that something he is doing is sinful and is not WILLING to adress it then he may not be saved and I agree. Thankfully it is up to God ultimately to decide whether you have honestly attempted to lay down your sin. Some battle with sin and never seem to master it until glory. David was a man after God's own heart but he still sinned. I am not campaigning for sin but for Gods grace.
    Murph

6. RomOne16

RomOne16 New Member

Hi Murph. Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, and I see your point about someone not being willing to give up their pet sin. But I would also say that they must first know what is considered sin by God, agreed?

I really believe that someone can hear/read the gospel, accept Christ as their saviour, and yet their knowledge of the bible and God wouldn't fill up a thimble. Some folks then (through no fault of their own) stay in the baby Christian stage for months or even years yet they are still saved, would you agree?

There are some who wind up joining churches that teach that some things you and I would consider sin (according to the word of God) are not. Consequently, what we see as "bad fruit" (and thus evidence of a false conversion), is seen as normal and right as rain. We have evidence of those who teach that homosexuality in a monogomous relationship is fine and not a sin, right here at BB. So, what of the people who accept Christ as savior and join such a church?

Now I realize that those who teach these errors will answer to God for that. But what about those believers who didn't know any better?

Please don't misunderstand me here. When I speak of errors, I am not talking about the basics of salvation. I am talking about how we are taught to live after our salvation.

Thanks for your thoughts. [​IMG]

7. Flippo

Flippo Member

I am sorry I didn't make it clear. But I am saying the person realizes it is sin and is unwilling to repent.

Phil

8. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see Paul and Barnabas seemed to have a very intense moment of fellowship over John Mark. Then one of them get in the flesh during this argumen? Maybe and that would be sin.

Peter played the hypocrite even after Pentecost and being filled with the Spirit.

Would not be much need for 1 John 1:9 if we became perfect at the moment of salvation.

I was immediately delivered from cursing when I received Christ, but other things I have and still struggle with.

Will a homosexual still struggle with the urges after salvation? Some will and some won't. Might he/she fall into sin like a fornicator or whoremonger? Possibly. "a backslider in heart is filled with his own ways." Will he/she still be saved? Yes.

Salvation is easy or else we would not even have a snowball's chance of being saved. Discipleship is tough. Many stay babes in Christ and some become bitter and a few go on to full maturity in Christ, but all are saved. 1 Cor 3 shows that as well as the ones Paul said to turn overto satan so that the flesh will die but the spirit will be saved.

All sinners get the same "bargain" with God.