1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexuality Is Not A Sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Jun 19, 2006.

1. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

I'm quoting my own quote. Sorry. :laugh:

I've been spending too much time on the news. Now I see we were under General Baptist Discussions. (not news!) I'm first to admit when I'm wrong. :type:

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You are better people than I am. I still struggle with sin in my life, especially in the way I speak. I guess I would be better off asking God to forgive me and then pray that I die tonight in my sleep before I wake up tomorrow and possibly mess my salvation all up!

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Didn't the Episcopal Church have a male preacher come out the closet a few years back? Sad, Sad, SAD!

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I like to say, the LORD is not through with me yet...

5. gekko

gekko New Member

i like to say "i've been branded as a spiritual arsonist - so i'd better start spreadin wildfires"

what is this thread about? homosexuality?
    why is it that the singled out branch of homosexuality mentioned in scripture - is that one branch of sin that christians tend to try and break off and graft it into another tree so as to make it not look like sin?

some things just can't be explained...

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

This is part of the problem that the orthodox group has this particular woman. She supported this man's rise to Bishop.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

And SFIC believes that you have to stop sinning altogether or you're not saved. SFIC doesn't need salvation by grace. He's got it by being sinless.

I'm thankful that God gave me salvation by grace. :thumbs:

I suppose I should say something about the OP. :smilewinkgrin:

What can you expect from the same denom who ordained a gay bishop a few years ago?

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Amen SFIC!

Folks if a homosexual person accepts the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God they are saved. Period. End of discussion, because that's where the period is in the Bible and that's where the discussion stops in the Bible.

When that person is saved their homosexuality doesn't automatically go away. Now there are some people that that has happened for them praise be to God alone!! However, we ALL still have our sinful nature that remains in us.

Whether or not that person remains in homosexuality has nothing to do with their eternal salvation. If it does then you are treading on ground that is unBiblical because the Bible says eternal salvation is by grace not by works. So homosexuality has nothing to do with it prior to, during or afterward. No works means no works at anytime.

Getting back to the OP the verse quoted says these people will not inherit the kingdom of God. Inheriting the kingdom of God has NOTHING to do with eternal salvation.

Eternal salvation is a free gift not an inheritance. Eternal salvation is life everlasting not a kingdom.

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Our local Episcopal church had a pastor that announced to the crowd one Sunday about five years ago that he was gay.

Half of the people left the church and the Episcopal headquarters agreed to pay the difference in income to the church until it built its congregation back up. I think the pastor finally went to another town a few years later.

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

ccrobinson,

I see nowhere in sfiC's posts that he got his salvation by being sinless. As a matter of fact, he said he received his salvation when he placed his trust in Christ Jesus.

You should not be bearing false witness just because you disagree with someone's views.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

To a degree I agree with you but a person openly living in rebellion against GOD should not be a leader in the Church. Secondly, this would be like cancer in the body of Christ which the rest of the body should see to cure.

[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    [2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
    [3] Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
    [4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    [5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
    [6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
    [7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.
    [8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
    [9] Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
    [10] For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
    [11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    [12] Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

It was worse than that. They appointed an openly gay man living with his partner as bishop in Vermont. But the whole Episcopal church leadership voted for this, though there were strong dissentors.

Apparently there is a network of conservatives in the Episcopal Church considering whether or not to split over this.

13. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Absolutely correct. But it shouldn't matter if it is homosexuality or what the nature of the sin of rebellion is.

I would agree with that as well. We shouldn't be fellowshipping with folks that are in open and active rebellion against the Lord until they show repentence.

But very few churches actually practice any for of church discipline any more because we live in a "I'll mind my business and you mind your business and if we do that we'll all get along," society.

We don't want to hold each other accountable and we don't want to be held accountable ourselves.