1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexuals are born gay

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JRG39402, Mar 16, 2006.

1. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Petrel, I love you, man. I mean.... You're so cool. The Top Secret Science Forum, good stuff.

2. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Petrel, Jurassic Beaver Discovered; man, you are so straight! lol

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. If this were true you would be able to document the material and post it.
    2. If this were true the homosexual community would be waving it in our faces as an excuse to carry on their wickedness, but they don't because they can't.

There is no evidence; none can be found. Those are the facts.

Romans 1:25-27 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

NOTE:
    Women did change...
    Men with men working that...

There are verbs "did change" and "working" both of which indicate a choice. They had no genetic predispostion. They made a choice. They chose to leave the natural use of their own sex. The Biblical teaching on this is very clear. There are no genetics here. It is a clear choice; evident sin. Read the rest of the chapter.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
    DHK

4. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I'm not often called a liar to my face! [​IMG]

5. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

DHK, unless you're calling Petrel a liar, I don't need to see the evidence he cites. I stipulate to his facts. And if it means anything, of course such twin studies have been hailed by the homosexual community, and the heterosexual community, CBS, Fox even. And evolution is still just a "theory", so just relax.

6. standingfirminChrist

choice is not genetic

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Let's assume for a moment that's true at face value. I myself, being a male, was born with the propensity to lust after women and engage in fornication. Does that mean it's okay for me to do so, just because I'm born that way? Of course not.

8. Petrel

Petrel New Member

SuperBaptist, it's ok, you don't need to intervene for me. I'm a big petrel. No need to stir things up. [​IMG]

Just digging up some papers here. . .

9. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

I've been called worse, "a bad teacher" but only by imperfect humans. I am so scared my Dean is going to read this attack on my academic credentials. But, at least I'm not a liar... What, did you call me a "Fag?"

10. standingfirminChrist

SB, are you saying you are homosexual? Because I just went through the 4 pages in this thread and saw no indication of anyone calling you a 'Fag'. You brought that up yourself.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

To put it another way:
    If there is evidence in existence post a link to it.
    OR: Don't make statements that you can't validate.
    These are reasonable requests. It has nothing to do with calling anyone names. No one should make any statements that they cannot substantiate.
    DHK

12. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Let's assume for a moment that's true at face value. I myself, being a male, was born with the propensity to lust after women and engage in fornication. Does that mean it's okay for me to do so, just because I'm born that way? Of course not. </font>[/QUOTE]Woo, I'm relieved. Without that assertion of heterosexuality I was beginning to think anyone with an interest in this subject must be gay.

13. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Specifically, in the study it indicated that a full 52% of opposite twin partners of homosexuals were gay. Well above the norm, wouldn't you say?

14. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

standingfirm... get a sense of humor.

15. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

This is boring. I'm going to check out the warmongers... Keep me posted.

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

35% of your last 50 posts, as of one minute ago, were dedicated to the topic of homosexuality. The rest were scattered, although I didn't read them to see what the rest were, so the percentage may be higher.

Do like Winnie the Pooh. Think, think, think! [​IMG]

17. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Lucky enough to run across a review article first shot. I love review articles, they collect everything so nicely. Good, because it's past my dinnertime. . .

"The neurodevelopment of human sexual orientation." Rahman, Q. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 2005, 29, 1057-1066.

There's a sampling of the current scientific knowledge of the genetic heritability of homosexual tendencies. Now if you are interested in any of these studies in more detail let me know and I'll try to dig them up. I may not have online access to all journals, though.

As for homosexuality being a choice, I don't think that's generally true any more. Certainly a person makes a choice whether or not to engage in homosexual acts. However, I don't think a boy wakes up one day and decides, "Hey, I think I'll be attracted to other boys from now on." That's such a unpopular thing it's hard to imagine anyone making such a choice when the heterosexual route is popular and supposedly equally appealing. The two gay people I know had these attractions from the time they first started noticing such things, both were convinced that homosexuality is wrong, and both struggled against these attractions and prayed to be healed. Neither of them were, and now both have left Christianity. It's the very attitudes shown here that drove them away.

One of them told me that she couldn't believe in God because she had prayed to God to be changed and he wouldn't do it, and everyone told her all her life that God hated homosexuals, so therefore God hated her--even though she is a virgin. I tried to tell her this was . . . I'll edit myself and say nonsense . . . and that being tempted is not a sin, but I guess too much of the other nonsense sunk in for her to believe that God loved her. Johnv is right--homosexual temptation is the same as heterosexual temptation, and if one is celibate and doesn't fantasize one does not sin in either case. Yet for some reason most evangelical Christians who should know better act like someone has the plague if they admit struggling with same-sex attraction.

Kind of got off on a rant there at the end. . . Dinnertime!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This a real conclusive study isn't it?
    Like I said, there is no scientific evidence yet that proves homosexuality has any genetic predisposition.
    DHK

19. Petrel

Petrel New Member

You did not request more information, you basically told me I didn't have any evidence. It's not very charitable to leap to the conclusion that I'm either lying or running my mouth.