1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homosexuals Pass Out Bibles...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by FBCPastorsWife, Jun 22, 2005.

1. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Y'all are straying off the topic!

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I agree with FBCPastor's wife.

3. jdcanady

jdcanady Member

4. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

jdcanady,

Thanks for explaining what Ezekiel really meant when he wrote Scripture. And to think I was foolish enough to think that God inspired him to write exactly what he meant. I guess I should have checked with you first.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

Shannon, sister...why don't you shut YOUR mouth? I never had a problem with you...I never listed ANYTHING that I had heard about the SBC, so I think you need to lay off sister. Now I see you didn't mean your encouragement so you can stick your "encouragement" where the sun don't shine!

"BTW, the next time your down in the dumps go find a Canadian Baptist Board and cry on their shoulders. Since us "American baptists are so mean spirited." Um...who's the one cryin...and uh...nice example of love there sister.

As for my country and homosexuality, what the heck does that have to do with anything? I didn't make the laws in my country and besides, I'm smart enough to know that governments are going to make Christianity illegal...even yours! And I don't know what you are talking about. My pastor has preached against homosexuality and he ain't in jail. Paul went to jail for preaching the gospel. Are you scared to?

6. OCC

OCC Guest

By the way Shannon...I am not a hyper-Calvinist. I detest Calvinism...thank you very much. Maybe I'm having trouble deciding what to do cuz God may want me to be a preacher but I don't want to deal with 'people' like yourself. :cool:

7. icthus

icthus New Member

James, your language here is way off. Have you never read in Scripture, "render not evil for evil"? You should apologise to the lady!

8. FBCPastorsWife

Amen icthus!!! Hopefully this bickering will be resolved soon!

9. OCC

OCC Guest

Icthus...I should apologize. But I won't. did you see the things she's said to me? You muyst have...they're right in your copy and paste quote there. You're right...I shouldn't repay evil for evil. I repent.

For the record...I went to my source. They told me what happened did not happen at the conference but at a hotel and it happened years ago.

FBC...I hope it will end too. I did not start it but I sure do defend myself very well when I have to. After all...I didn't see any of you fine people defending me.

10. FBCPastorsWife

There wasn't any reason to defend you...

11. OCC

OCC Guest

Let's see...out of nowhere someone I had no problem with starts attacking me and says I should shut my mouth. Yet when I react, it's a problem? God...thank You that I am not saying what I am thinking here. [​IMG]

12. FBCPastorsWife

Perhaps you and that person should hash this out in a private conversation then. Please use the private messaging feature on here!

13. OCC

OCC Guest

Just an fyi that final version of Bill C-250 from the 2nd Session, 37th Parliament that was passed on September 17, 2003 that added sexual orientation in the definition of identifiable groups that hate crimes can be commited against (this includes heterosexuals) included the following as an exception.

Hence the lack of hate crime arrests of pastors in Canada who preach against homosexuality from the bible.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Good job GoldDragon...somehow it's ok for some of these people to make wild, unfounded accusations lacking in any knowledge or common sense...but I can't make a vague statement about something I've heard. Such is life when yer dealin with the "self-righteous" side of the Church.

14. OCC

OCC Guest

FBC...I could do that but I don't want to talk to them. did you uh...suggest that to ShannonL when she told me to shut my mouth? I looked and I don't see it. :(

Besides...I was attacked in a public forum...I'll confront the person in a public forum. Next time...please refrain from only addressing me while letting the other person off the hook. God hates favouritism and so do I.

15. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is not ok for shannonL to tell you to shut up and make incorrect statements.

But I think your response was just as bad if not worse. I would recommend something Thankful wrote in an earlier thread today.

16. OCC

OCC Guest

So far since I've come on this site I've had people attack me and tell me to shut my mouth for God knows WHAT reason...and I've had people call me a hell-bound heretic because I'm not a Calvinist. Something is wrong here.

17. OCC

OCC Guest

GoldDragon, I hear ya. Finally someone recognizes that ShannonL was wrong too. Yeah I was wrong...I even said it in the message I wrote to report that whole thing. I was wrong...but I honestly don't think I was more wrong.

Thanks for the copy and paste advice. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are sincere. I did think someone else was sincere at one time but I was proven wrong. Thanks again.

18. FBCPastorsWife

I simply requested that you take this to a private conversation. I take this opportunity to ask Shannon to do the same thing since you won't.

So once again...I ask all of you, Will you please stop this and get back on the topic. I have already requested a moderator to close this topic because it has gotten out of hand. So now, I make my request public to "all" the moderators. Please close this topic!

19. Flippo

Flippo Member

King James,

Just a question, why was it necessary to bring up what you heard happens at convention?

Phil

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is one of the pro-gay arguments from the Bible. Can you back this statement up with scripture?