1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Honest Question: Why do we place a stigma on certain Sins?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Mar 5, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The point is my natural aversion to the sin exceeds yours. I just do not have to write a detailed post of a step by step procedure.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad you argee that stigma on certain sins is natural and right.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't the Lord thru moses and thru paul state that sexual sins are ALL bad, but Homosexual especially so, as thatis a perversion against natural order of creation?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You ask as though you know He said that. So please show us where He says homosexual sins are especially bad.:thumbsup:

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Abomination to the lord, going against natural creation order, deserving of death those who practice those acts in a mindset of "God made us that way, just doing what comes naturally" and incite others to do the same are worthy of death?

Why this obcession with denying that God views this particual sin practice as really bad?

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Because the Bible does.

All sin is not the same.

This "sin is sin" mess spewed about is empty "pop theology" and it has no roots in any Scripture in its proper context.

One deed can be extremely wicked done by one person and no where near as evil if done by another.

Jesus spoke of people receiving "GREATER damnation" because they ought to know better.

Stealing a piece of chicken is not the same as sodomizing a 9 year old boy.

And, I'm going to venture a guess at where you are going with this.

Yes, homosexuality is ABOMINABLE. Homosexuals are perverts. They are sick twisted people.

I am not an IFb type. I despise the likes of Fred Phelps. I believe in loving homosexuals and doing everything reasonably possible to reach them and help them. I have a cousin who is a lesbian.

I just helped a very homosexual (unabashed, wears make-up, flirts with guards at the prison, etc...) 22 year old convict get his GED.

So don't try to paint me as something I am not. I have lesbians that come to my church.

But I think if anybody thinks that their sin is the same as saying cuss words- then that person has his theological and Scriptural head in the sand.

It is perverse and vile and not on the same level as many other sins.

Some things are abominable. This is one of them.

#66 Luke2427, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
  7. TennisNE1

TennisNE1 Member

love love love love this post!!!!!!!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Homosexuality as apracticed lifestyle is ONLY sin that seems to be acceptable even in many churches as 'OK", just imagine trying to see murderers/raptists as 'acceptable living practices"

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So is gossiping. So is coveting. So is slandering. So is prescription drug abuse. So is gluttony, and on and on.

there are a lot of things that are "equally practiced" as a lifestyle then. Prescription drug abuse is out of control in the church. Yet these folks popping their prescribed pain pills have the nerve to turn up their noses at the folks struggling with the cocaine or meth addiction.

Nobody is saying make sin an acceptable living practice. That would be anti-Christ. But treat sin as sin and stop trying to make folks feel as though they are the worst of the worst.

Their sin won't send them to hell any faster than anyone else's.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know any other sin that gets habitually practiced though that has approval granted to it/ that even in some churches is granted approval as being acceptable to God?

my fault is NOT towards a person caught up in that sin, but to the churches/ministers that approve it as being acceptable to God, that are lieing against God and scripture in saying that!

Jesus died to save you while in that sin, but also gives you grace to get out of that sin!

I want to see the church say to people that we all have areas that we need to deal with God about, that we all need to seek Gods Grace and forgiveness and grow. its just that Homosexuality seems to be the one that gets "hands off" fr many see that they have no need/desire to change their ways!

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Did you miss the ones I listed? They get that treatment and the church might as well say they are acceptable because it's running rampant in the church and nothing is ever done.

No one is advocating that preachers of the Gospel do anything other than preach the Gospel. But preaching the Gospel does not entail turning certain sinners into lepers. How can the church not see that we have done this?

My goodness. If Jesus Christ had not snatched each of us from that cliff of destruction by sending someone who didn't skimp on telling us the truth, but who also showed us that even our sin could be redeemed by Jesus.

With all the name calling and labeling some sin as the worst of the worst, we do nothing to point people to the hope that is Christ.

All of Scripture testifies of Jesus and what He did during His earthly ministry. Where did He ever make the outcasts...the lepers feel as though they were the worst sinners ,seemingly beyond redemption?

Are those not the very ones who reacted to His loving approach? His gentleness?his touch when no one else was willing to step out and touch them?

I tell you, this is a wicked thing that the Church keeps doing. It's time to let sin be sin and wrap our arms around these folks and let the Holy spirit work through us to pull them into the Kingdom Family.:thumbsup:

For sure. But you tell a child that they are worthless enough times...you tell a child enough times that you wish they were never born...you tell a person enough times that they are abhorrent, the worst of the worst, God will never use you...you tell a person that enough times and they will start to believe it.

That's the face the Church has put on itself when it comes to certain sins. Shame on us for thinking that anyone is gonna be beaten down and rejected, and then we tell them they need Jesus. Gosh if we've got Jesus and we treat them like that again and again, what would they want with our Jesus? Ain't no difference in what it looks like the average Baptist is saying and what Fred Phelps says. And that is sad.

Perhaps it seems that way because for decades the church has treated them as outcasts and so to deal with their brokenness...in order to give themselves a reason to just stay alive, they have to create their own truth. People do it all the time.

Wanna stop the pain? Drink.
    Wanna stop the pain? Do drugs.
    Wanna stop the pain and feel wanted? Sleep around.
    Wanna stop the pain of being accepted? Find a community of folks who accept you as you are and who tell you there's nothing wrong.

It's people dealing with their brokenness in whatever way they can in order to survive.

Let's meet them there Just as Jesus did and show them His Love and the ONLY BEST way.:thumbsup:

#71 Zaac, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God already though declared what he thought of an active homosexual lifestyle, hasen't He?

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a way He smoked them...with

...fire and brimstone! :thumbs:

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing is that God declares that active and unrepenent Homosexuality behaviour is "something' that made it really abominable to Him....

he loves those who partake and stay in it, but also has hatred towards that sin!

15. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOW....that makes no sense...

While I agree that He loves the sinner [regardless of the sin], I also know that their rebellion and rejection of the Word, His Grace, and the new life we receive through Jesus; will doom them to hell!

I am not sure what you are saying Yeshua, but if you are saying what I said, we have alignment. If not, you should check the Word, and give me the exact Scripture(s), and I mean as many as you can find, that support your stand! :smilewinkgrin:

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We agree. in that Homosexual acts, as wellas any other sexual acts outside of marriage, are the result of rebellion against God, and praticing sinning!

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That applies to all acts of sin.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but doesn't the Church HAVE to agree with God that Homosexual behaviour is NOT right, nor alternative lifestyle acceptable to practice, but is sin to come out from?

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The Church doesn't have to agree with God and in today's climate often doesn't. However God doesn't need us to agree with Him.:smilewinkgrin:

The Church should be preaching God's truth, and God's truth shows that ALL sin is sin of which to come out from. And no, it's not acceptable to practice anything than a 100% HOLY lifestyle. Of this, every man ever born fails.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you willing to say that practicing a Homosexual lifestyle is sinning against God, not an acceptable 'alternative lifestyle?"