1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Honest Question: Why do we place a stigma on certain Sins?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't care much for what people believe. Tell me what God says. The way it was designed was PERFECTION. Anything outside of that sinless perfection is unnatural.

What's not against the law? heterosexual fornication?

Heterosexual fornication is natural? (SMH). Help us Jesus because we all know there was heterosexual fornication in the Garden.(smh)

That's one of the most ridiculously stupid things I think I've ever read.(lol)

God made us SINLESS in the first place. Anything outside of that is unnatural.

smh

Lol. Who is trying to justify that? No matter how hard you try to justify heterosexual fornication as being NATURAL, it's still as unnatural and fornicative as is homosexual sex.

Help us Lord. She has brought up Adam and Steve.

What are you talking about? who said anything about something not being an abomination?

Are you for real? Help us Lord. And we wonder why the Church is so ineffective in ministering to these people?

SMH. Placing you on ignore because there was just too much ridiculousness in that response to warrant reading another.:thumbsup:

#101 Zaac, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

SN, i'm as sweet as a little puppy once you give me a chance.:laugh:

I completely agree with the bolded because that is how God laid things out in the Garden before we sinned. :thumbsup:

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because....

....I can't think of any other sin that has it's followers standing on every street corner in the world, bragging that they are "gay!"

I do not hear gossipers, proclaim, I gossip, and I'm proud of it. Or, I lie, and I'm proud of it. I fornicate and I'm proud of it [well some may brag about their prowess]. I'm an adulterer and proud of it. I am evil, and proud of it. I slander, and I'm proud of it. I'm deceitful, and proud of it. I'm heartless and proud of it. I'm an idolater, and proud of it!

In fact, there are no churches started and operating for the express purpose to ordain liars, fornicators evil doers, slanders, deceit masters, idolators, gossipers, curser's, etc. Or, to marry those kinds of persons, caught up in a sin. This is why preachers are supposed to do premarital counseling. To weed out potential sins, and help the couple face the problems and repent of the problems before taking vows.

I do not know of many people commiting the sins I mentioned above with the need to "come out" to every person they meet or run into.

Homosexuals are not embarrassed with their sin, in fact they are proud of their sin, Zaac, and they have support groups, etc. that encourage them to continue to be proud and loud, and now there are churches that lift this sin up, and instead of discouraging it and calling it a sin, they are making it a normal part of life.

Show me a church that knowingly ordains a fornicator; idolater; liar; hater; gossiper; adulterer; divider; evil doer; etc., The truth is, if a preacher is discovered to be leading a life that lifts up and practices these sins, they'd be fired, and turned out to pasture. Of course, if anyone on this board can show me a church that does as I said in this paragraph, it would probably be you :laugh:

Maybe this is why so many believers are speaking out against homo$#@uality. This one sin is being normalized by society, goevernment, and the church. And the church is the one institution that should not be normalizing this sin.

When a church designs their doctrinal statements and mission to accomodate homo$#@uals, and then ordain and marry them, that church is no longer operating withing the parameters of the Biblical world view of the Gospel message! And any one who thinks differently, is also not operating within the parameters of the Biblical world view of the Gospel.

While it is true that we should love the sinner and not the sin...to love the sinner and excuse or wink at their sin, is a SIN in itself.

The fact is there is little wiggle room when we look at the following verse - 2 Timothy 4:3 (RSV), "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings...."

When a particular sin is being touted as normal, then there is something wrong with the church.

My line in the sand has been drawn, and I for one, will NOT cross over that line!

#103 righteousdude2, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Heterosexual fornicators and promoters of heterosexual lust do it all the time.

Then you're not paying attention because heterosexual fornicators do it all the time.

There are lots of churches with those type people running them and sitting in the pews playing holier than thou as they attempt to keep their sin undercover.

The heterosexual fornicator no longer has to come out as what they do has been normalized and accepted into society. That's why so many churches don't say anything when a young lady gets pregnant out of wedlock. That's why they don't say anything when the youth are throwing parties and everybody is getting drunk. Heterosexual fornicators and promoters of heterosexual lust don't need to come out because they came out a long time ago.

And neither are heterosexual fornicators. As I said, what they do is a part of just about every tv show, every movie, all over the cover of every magazine, plastered all over the internet,etc,. and we turn a blind eye and roll with it under the guise of entertainment.

If the church is going to call out the homosexual fornicators, then likewise take a stand against the now, very acceptable out of control level of heterosexual fornication and heterosexual lust that pervades just about everything in the media.

righteousdude, you would be absolutely surprised at how many churches do this and because the "leadership" are all old time church members, things get hidden or simply aren't spoken of at church, but everyone is in the know about what is going on. There's sadly a lot of these churches.

Homosexuals are ATTEMPTING to normalize homosexuality and the homosexual offenses that come with it.

We've ALREADY allowed society to normalize heterosexual fornication and the pervasiveness of heterosexual lust.

There is much more heterosexual fornication being brandished before our eyes everyday than there is homosexual fornication. It's not even close. My goodness. The Hooters people have commercials. The Victoria Secret commercials are a burlesque show. Just about every reality show is about young heterosexuals bedding each other.

we've normalized heterosexual fornication and lust. It's all over the place. Why are we so surprised that the homosexuals would try the same thing?

And when a church operates behind closed doors allowing all sorts of unBiblical evils to take place, what is it doing? When the church isn't disciplining ALL sin, what is it doing?

I go to just about any church in America and find you a handfull of folks abusing pain medication and getting high every day. But because they are in the "in crowd" or have a prescription, no one says anything.

There's a whole lot of undoctrinal stuff going on in ALL our churches that doesn't operate within the parameters of the Gospel message.

A conversation for another time.:smilewinkgrin:

I don't have a problem with the line. I draw the same line cause it's the one that God drew first. But the church continues to unrighteously judge homosexual fornication and lust while giving heterosexual fornication and lust a pass.

If it were not unrighteous, pastors would be telling their people not to support anything that promotes heterosexual fornication and lust because they are attempting to shove their sin down our throats.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Zaac, you said in reply to MB:

If that's the case, why have you expended all this energy both promoting your belief and finding ways to condem assemblies of members of the body of Christ?

If you look up from your keyboard and could find yourself looking directly into the eyes of our Saviour, would you see approval in His eyes? Or would your hear hear Him say:

John 8: KJB
    7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nice try. But I preach God's word. So I repeat, I don't care what folks believe, feel, or think. I care what God says.

I don't have a problem standing before God as long as I know I'm preaching His truth. And just because it is viewed as righteousness by the Church today to treat people as lepers and the worst of the worst while ignoring that we have normalized heterosexual sin, don't expect me to join forces in the unrighteous judgment.

just because it's popular and the whole church jumps onboard, does not make it of God.

And it is this very type of WICKEDNESS of which the Church needs to repent.

But apparently, it's okay for the Church and her members to promote, tacitly or otherwise, wickedness if it meets their "greater" purpose.

I'm just saying we need to stop treating people as outcasts because they are trying to normalize their sin when we, by our behavior and acts, OBVIOUSLY don't express the same disdain for the pervasiveness of normalized heterosexual sin.

if we were being consistent, that's one thing. But we aren't and that's why the homosexual community is so often anti-Church, anti-Christ or whatever you want to call them.

we walk around like our stuff don't stank all the while giving the okay to what we are telling them they are forcing down our throats.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Homosexuals have created groups such as Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, the Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby, and over 100 other organizations that regularly petition Congress and other government institutions; where are the organizations for fornicators and adulterers?

Homosexuals have adopted the rainbow as a symbol identifying themselves; what symbol do fornicators and adulterers use?

Homosexuals have "Gay Pride Day" and parades "celebrating" their "diversity"; what "holiday" and/or public functions do the fornicators and adulterers have?

Why do some pick out homosexuality over adultery and fornication? Because we're being told by lawmakers, "open-minded people," and the sinners themselves that we *must* accept them as they are; that we must accept homosexuality as simply another way of expressing love. We're being told that we must change our definition of sin and evil, and call the sin "natural" and evil "good."

When was the last time you heard anyone say that we have to call fornication or adultery acceptable and good?

I agree that we need to preach out against all sexual sins; but whether we choose to believe it or not, there is a difference in today's society about which of those sexual sins is being called "acceptable."

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are anti church because of their sin. Nothing more

John 3:19 And this is the judgement: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you agree that God requires that BOTh straight people not hve sex outside of marriage, and that Homosexuals refrain from sexual activity, and from getting into "comited" lifestyles unions?

For even when we go to legalizing Gay marriage in USA, God will NOT honor that unuin?

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The heterosexual fornicators and lusters are in Congress too. They've help normalize the behavior thus you don't need lobbyist and other organizations for what's been normalized.

What does this have to do with anything?

Mardi Gras, Spring Break, ST. Patrick's Day and any other day because it's pushed every day.

So who told the church to roll over and accept the heterosexual fornication and lusts that are mainstreamed broadcast all over?

By default, we do it every day with heterosexual fornication and lust. I don't hear anybody going off about the half dressed folks on Dancing with the Stars, or that Rolf is sleeping with his brother's wife on some soap opera, or that James Bond is a serial fornicator, or that the entire Friends cast were fornicators, or that those Big Bang Theory folks promote heterosexual fornication, etc, etc.

Nope it's been normalized and accepted.

I don't see it. The homosexuals seem to be playing catch up with what we've already let happen with heterosexual fornication and lusts. when you can't go to a PG movie or watch the Disney Family Channel without having to just turn the stuff off because of the gratuitous sex or lust, it's past normalized and acceptable.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

God ordained that marriage be between one man and one woman and that sexual acts take place in the parameters of that marriage covenant.

If you aren't a married man and woman, you shouldn't be having sex...period as it is outside what God ordained. A comitted lifestyle union? That sounds like something heterosexuals made up to try to appease the homosexuals. :laugh:

Not even a question. All they are legally doing is giving folks the legal right to think they are okay sinning. There are actually homosexuals who argue that once they are "married" God would not have a problem with their sexual acts. (smh)

Help them Lord. Remove the scales from their eyes.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two things: separating out each individual statement and trying to discredit them individually ignores the context.

Where exactly are you going to church at? I hear it all the time from the people I associate with, the people I go to church with, etc. We don't watch Dancing with the Stars, or Survivor, or soap operas, etc.

Again, who are you hanging out with? No one I know of has done anything BUT preach against sex outside of marriage; Disney is warned against not just because of the gratuitous sex/lust, but because of their normalization of single parent families and the continuous theme that adults are stupid and it's okay to rebel against parents/adults; etc., etc.

Maybe you need to change the group of people you hang out with, and/or the church you attend.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Or you could have just said it doesn't matter what example you give. it's my way or nothing.:smilewinkgrin:

I'll bet you the majority watch the same things on tv and at the movies. I forget the year, but it was one of the more recent where George Barna showed there's really no difference between what Christians watch and what non-Christians watch. And the non-Christians are watching the stuff that has normalized heterosexual fornication.

Friends.
    Cheers.
    CSI.
    Any reality show.
    The Walking Dead.
    Two and a half Men.
    The Bachelor.
    Survivor.
    Grey's Anatomy.
    That wretched Desperate Housewives show that used to play.

Christians are watching this stuff and it's normalized heterosexual fornication as acceptable entertainment.

Maybe you need to look at the rest of the country and what the church is really doing.

It's been normalized.

14. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

I don't preach.

I do care deeply about what brothers and sisters in Christ believe, feel, and think. When our Saviour gives the opportunities, I reach out a hand to help. Lift them up in prayer. Little things like giving someone a link the other day where she could look up Bible verses in various versions. Came here and asked a question to give the correct answer to a brother's query. The last thing I want to do is to toot my own horn, so I'll stop right there.

I care! I care when someone who claims to preach throws stones at the "church" as if he were the only one who cares about what God says. Remember you are in a Baptist Only forum. Thus you have attested that you are a Baptist. Thus, the stones you are hurling are directly targeting a specific set of members of the body of Christ.

I'm not perfect. Everyday I fail in some way. Even though He helps me carry my yoke, I still trip on the narrow path in my walk of faith. Beams and motes come to mind in this thread. Tomorrow, God willing, I will go to Sunday worship services. I'm sure that within that gathering, there will be some who are unsaved. There will be some who are "lukewarm". There are many that bear good fruit in their lives. Yet, you use a broad paint brush. Perhaps, a big beam is a better choice of words to condem all of them, all of us, because you don't care. You don't care what those human beings believe, feel, or think.

Because I care: May the Lord bless you and keep you.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's good. But I don't. Tell me what God says. If you can't, just keep your opinion to yourself and I'll point you to what Scripture says. Saves a lot of time and confusion. :laugh:

OT, I think most of us do the same. But what I'm saying is that if God has already spoken to it, tell me what HE says not what you think.

I'm aware of to whom I'm speaking. And if someone else cares, they are welcome to also call the Church's behavior what it is. It's just well past time that someone called us to task. Our lack of repentance for our continued wickedness is truly the reason why the world is in a moral spiral down.

We can't go out in power because we refuse to recognize our wickedness as wickedness, but would rather take a defensive posture and try to justify it. And collectively on here and in the Baptist Church it happens too often.

Jesus didn't leave us to create new lepers.

OT I use a broad brush, because as the responses in this thread show, the Church doesn't think it's doing anything wrong. It's about time folks stop letting the collective WRONG mindset that has overtaken the Church bully people into thinking this unGodly behavior is Godly.

These are human beings. Our response to them should not rest in what they are proclaiming but in what Jesus Christ has proclaimed, and shown us in turn,how to respond to the lepers. He went to them and loved them to show them that He was the right way. We seem to be so dead set on making the point that they are the worst sinners, that we make it impossible for them to listen to us at all.

What do you think would cause someone to give pause to Jesus Christ as the solution:(1) Your sin is the worst of the worst ;or (2) You're a sinner just like me in need of a Savior whose standard is perfect holiness.

[/QUOTE]

May He also continue to bless you and keep you.:1_grouphug:

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, that was my way of saying that it sounds like it's *your* way or nothing....

Um...of your list, the only show I, or anyone I personally know, watches is "Walking Dead." And the fornication/adultery that has been depicted on that show has also shown the repercussions/consequences of those actions.

If you're talking about "the church" as an over-generalized reference to the entire body of believers, then you're probably right. But you're also looking at the forest, and missing the trees.

In the meantime, in regards to your opening and subsequent posts, I reiterate: No one's forming "fornicators against discrimination" lobby groups; no one's promoting "adultery parades"; no one's advocating that bestiality be legislated for tolerance in the workplace. There's a difference, whether you wish to admit it or not.

Where they are all the same is sexual sin, and they should all be preached against.

And that's all I have to say on the subject.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't have a way. I'm talking about how Jesus treated people as opposed to how the Church is now treating people.

Sure.:smilewinkgrin:

And thus the normalization. We can tolerate heterosexual fornication if it's presented "the right way". That's a bunch of baloney. Why don't we sit down and watch porn as long as they explain the repercussions/consequences of the actions taking place in the porn?

This is how we have normalized heterosexual fornication. Oh, it's okay if they do ABC to show the consequences.
    Oh, it's okay if they only show it for THIS long.
    Oh it's okay as long as they only show this much skin.

As you just demonstrated, the church is ridiculously hypocritical on this issue because we have allowed heterosexual fornication and lust to be normalized.

But no one is standing in pulpits either saying how dare the Boy Scouts okay heterosexuals to be scout leaders.

There is far more heterosexual fornication and lust thrown at us everyday than homosexual lust and fornication. Why is the Church seemingly always on its soapbox about one but kicked back enjoying the entertainment value of the other by watching The Walking Dead?

Thanks for commenting Don. :1_grouphug:

18. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

You also told me regarding my reply that I care about what people "believe, feel, and think".
    Your first comment, in bold above, is far more telling about yourself than anything I might say. Earlier I asked if you could look into the eyes of our Saviour, would His eyes show approval? Think He would approve of such a sarcastic remark? I don't. I believe there would be tears in His eyes at a minimum.

But, as you've plainly stated, you don't care what I believe, feel, or think. That's fine. When I finally get to stand before my Saviour, He'll have my record in front of Him, not yours.

In your zeal to condem, have you bothered to pause and consider why that may be the case? At least NINETY percent of the population is heterosexual, maybe more.
    Not everyone in that 90+% engages in nor approves/condones "heterosexual fornication", yet that's what you continue to imply. Especially with regards to members of the body of Christ. I can't speak for any other assembly of believers, as you seem to do. However, I know two things about my church. (Have you ever entered its doors?) The majority don't engage/approve/condone. And some who have strayed from the narrow path have repented and begged for forgiveness from our Saviour. I've heard it in public testimony and in private conversations.

One other thing I know. Scriptures plainly states same gender union is an abomination in the eyes of God. 100% of that 10-% who engage in that union are condemed by God in the strongest possible terms. His contempt was vividly illustrated to mankind in a hail of fire and brimstone.

The original question was why do we place a stigma on certain sins? Because God did. In both the old and new testements.

In closing, there's an old saying. Where there's smoke, there's fire. There's another old saying that dates back to Shakespear. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Right because we all know that if you take a stand about Christians not treating homosexuals like modern day lepers, you've got to be a homosexual.:wavey:

20. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member