1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Honest question

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by The Harvest, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I have a challenge for The Harvest, who began this thread on the premise that the KJV is stronger on the doctrine of salvation by grace.

I submit to you that this is a false premise. No doubt The Harvest disagrees, which is why I would like to see him defend it with some evidence. So far I have seen his assertion challenged, but not defended.

So let's see it.

2. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

i think the point is that your perfect inerrant guide to faith and practice no longer exists - instead you have something arguably quite close that you can have a very high degree of confidence in that almost certainly teaches the same doctrines.

removal of the last "almost", imo, requires a faith-based doctrine of preservation.

3. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with the "challenge" as long as the discussion remains civil. I am closing this thread. You may present the request for The Harvest's defense of his question in a new thread.