1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Honestly Now...Do You Ever Fall into this Trap?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 11, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. All my judgements are righteous and right on...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. I do not set out to judge another; it just happens...

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. Judging others is what I live for...

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. I'm just a humble person, who is never wrong...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't judge others just because they sin differently than you! Often the log in their eye JUST looks bigger than yours....

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I used to be more pharisaical than I am now.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I don't believe that the scripture that says, "Judge not lest ye be judged" means that we CANNOT judge; it just means that we will be judged the same way. Are we willing for that to happen?

Like anyone else, I make judgements every day, but I have to constantly remind myself that I am not God and am therefore not in a position to condemn anyone. I can judge sin as wicked and condemn it, but I cannot condemn people--only God can do that.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

It depends on what you mean by judging others. If I read in the papers where someone has committed a crime, I can judge that is the wrong thing to do. But I do not judge that person as any worse than myself. We are all sinners, and we all have problems with sin in one area or another. I am not better than anyone else.

I just thank God for his mercy that Jesus Christ died for all our sins. I would hope every person would turn to Jesus Christ and be saved.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and if we are in a position of leadership and counsel then it is necessary for us to make judgments or if folks trust us and ask for our counsel then again we must help or find someone who can.

However in these cases we are to judge like a doctor to effect healing and redemption and not as if we are judge and jury to execute punitive action.

However, sometimes it does become necessary to separate from sinning brethren.

HankD

6. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

According to the scripture we are not to judge the lost (Thats Gods Duty) but we can and are suppose to judge one another as believers.

7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Discernment is a far cry from condemning to Hell.

Throughout the Scriptures the principle of discernment is stressed as a significant attribute of one who is wise.

Unfortunately, most pew sitters do not have "Biblical" discernment, but judge solely upon what they view as "right in their own eyes."

Biblical discernment will "answer a fool" or not according to the impact of the foolish person's statement and/or actions.

Biblical discernment will be aware of the weaker brother/sister.

Biblical discernment will distinguish between the "familiar spirit" and the Holy Spirit.

Biblical discernment will guide the believer to apply wisdom and knowledge.

Biblical discernment will apply all Godly righteousness to all situations.

And on it could go...