1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hour of Power / Bayless Conley

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

DHK,

Are Baptists who believe you must be baptized in water to be saved, heretics? Do you think Baptists who believe this are unsaved?

When you first got saved did you understand thoroughly the Trinity of the Godhead?

Isn't it more probable that some Christians are saved but simply have not been taught correctly as to the Trinity?

You should send a certified letter to Rev. Jakes and explain to him the correct belief as to what his orthodoxy should become. This would give the Holy Spirit an opportunity to clarify his mind as to what is correct. Who knows--you might be given a chair on his platform. Wear a bright red tie so I recognize you.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Probably. But first and foremost, a person who believes you must be baptized to be saved is by definition not a baptized. So your question doesn't make any sense.
    Yes, I most certainly did. I was taught it for 20 years as I grew up in Catholicism. To be able to understand the Oneness Pentecostal concept of the Trinity is actually more difficult than to understand the clear teaching of the Bible on the trinity. Why they complicate it, I don't know.
    Not with Oneness Pentecostal. They have been deliberately taught false doctrine and by their own choice chosen to accept it. It is no different than choosing to become a Jehovah's witnessing and choosing to accept that Jesus Christ is Michael the Archangel. It is their choice whether they want to accept or reject the clear teaching of the Bible, or their cult's teaching of the Bible. The same truth is freely available to all in this nation who want to believe it.
    If you read what I quoted above people have already sent him emails. They go unanswered. He will not answer any kind of letter or email with a direct response on the trinity. He doesn't want to be pinned down, though we know what he believes by his preaching and his writing. You can go to his website and find out for yourself. You can also do a web-search, and find out for yourself.
    DHK