1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

House pastor murdered in Iran

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by baptistteacher, Jan 1, 2006.

1. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

From Voice of the Martyrs:

http://www.persecution.com/news/index.cfm?action=fullstory&newsID=345

The article begins thus:

One of the cell church leaders in Iran was able to visit Ghorban’s family in Gonbad-e-Kavous early this month. He was not able to visit the family right after Ghorban was killed for security reasons. He was able to learn more information about Ghorban’s martyrdom.

On November 15th, one week before his martyrdom, Ghorban received a phone call from the head of religious leaders of the Turkmen people. This was an invitation to attend a meeting held by the Turkmen religious leaders in order for Ghorban to answer some of their questions.

Ghorban was quite excited about this invitation, as he considered it an opportunity to share with them about Jesus. He attended this meeting and had long discussions with them.

But at the end of their meeting, they told Ghorban, “We are well aware that your ancestors and your parents have been serious followers of Islam and you are supposed to be a committed Muslim too. Why have you turned to Christianity? We give you one more chance to deny your Christian faith and return to Islam.”

“I am not going to deny Jesus and return to Islam,” Ghorban responded. Then he left the room, very frustrated.

One week after that meeting, on November 22nd, Ghorban received another phone call at 4:00 p.m.

---

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a very sad story. [​IMG]

3. In His Grace

In His Grace New Member

One more at the side of Jesus in heaven, sad story.

Brings to mind of another Iranian who has accepted Jesus as Savior.
    Many years ago when I lived in Nashville, Tn. I would eat lunch at a small pizza place,(Perfect Pizza) near David Lipscomb college I beleive. So while visiting friends a very years ago I dropped by Perfect Pizza for some lunch. As I was at the counter ordering my food, I looked up on the wall and saw a bible verse about Jesus. So I asked them about it, one of the owners had come to find the Lord, and had lead his family to Jesus also.
    It was such a thrill to know a Muslim had come to find Jesus.
    That really made my day, Glory to God!

4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

What an incredible story of a man who gave his life for the Lord Jesus Christ. How sad that Muslims are in bondage to a religion of violence and murder--all in the name of Allah. I read the article from the link that was posted, and I also read this man's awesome testimony. Here is what he wrote before he was martyred:

Before his death Ghorban wrote of his Love for Jesus and his willingness to give his life for Him. Following is a translation of his writings:

Dear Lord, Jesus, let me come to your presence,
    So that I can touch your nailed feet.
    Dear Lord Jesus, let me worship you in humility
    And to kiss your nailed and wounded hands and feet,
    You were hung on the cross in Golgotha and nailed with 4 nails, whilst your blood was pouring out,
    In this desperate situation, how could you still love your created beings?
    You were willing to even embrace those who crucified you.
    You were tortured because of me, yes because of me. Not only me, but also for my father and mother…..

Because of me you suffered the most severe pains on the cross for 6 hours I wish, I was not sinful so that you would not suffer because of me,
    How much I was willing to be there and to pull the nails out of your beautiful hands when you were on the cross,
    How desperate are my thoughts when I think I might have been able to help you not to suffer a lot.

Lord Jesus, please let me glorify your holy name in every moment of my life on this earth. I am willing to give my life that belongs to you, for the sake of you and your church.

Maranata
    Praise God
    Halleluyah.

Copyright 2005 The Voice of the Martyrs--USA

http://www.persecution.com/news/index.cfm?action=fullstory&newsID=344

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Sad, but he died serving Jesus.

6. Enoch

Enoch New Member