1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Housing - plans - wisdom

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by bapmom, Jul 26, 2008.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

This is sort of a multi-subject prayer request.

Some of you know my family is beginning deputation to go to the mission field of Japan. Well, for awhile now we've known that our living situation here with my husband's parents is going to be coming to an end - my MIL's mom has had a stroke and they'll be moving back to California to live with and care for her parents. Please pray for them, too, by the way, as this is a huge change and challenge for them both.

So because they are moving, our plans have had to be revamped - we've been praying for an RV or converted bus, or a bus we can convert, but God hasn't answered in that way as of yet. We basically have until Labor Day weekend - a little over a month - and yes, I'm starting to get apprehensive about where our family will be living. Visions of sitting on the sidewalk with our kids and some suitcases are bombarding my brain lately.

There are several different scenarios that I know could happen - and then of course God knows what really will happen - but please just pray that my husband would have wisdom in this. Pray that God would give us a vehicle, or lead us in a different direction if that's what He wants.

There's so much in this prayer in my head, I can't adequately express it.

The other thing is my husband has been asked to come to a missions conference in Holly Ridge, North Carolina. We had transportation for that lined up, but just a day or so ago we found out that it was no longer going to be available for us, so now we need to somehow find a way to get from the airport in Raleigh to the town of Holly Ridge. This all happens this next weekend - so please pray for that, too.

Thank you all!

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Wow! That should keep me praying for months! (And I will.) :)

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

There is a place in Indiana that provides very low cost long term missionary housing for IFB missionaries on deputation and furlough. Well, at least there used to be one. Why don't you post this, not as a prayer request, but as a plea for information in the missions forum.

If you would like, PM me with your email address and we'll see if we can find a solution.

I think there are a few such communities.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

All these are in my prayers.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying:with you knowing God is going to be with you every step of the way.

6. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

bapmom, this is definitely going on my prayer list. Praying for you!

7. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Just as an update, the pastor of the church in Holly Ridge has offered to come get us at the airport and will be lending us a car for our time there.

What a blessing! :)

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: PTL! what a up-date good news!

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Bapmom please let me know. I know where the are some spots for missionary housing available.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I know bapmom and her husband are busy with deputation plans, and hope she is able to pop in and give us an update, but I got a PM today that the Lord has provided a housing opportunity for them!