1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about them Pistons

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Timtoolman, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Pistons off to a great start. I think they realize that home courst advantage is helpful.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Hey Tim good to here from you. The Pistons look great, of course there will be some here that will find fault with that statment, but when your the best thats what happens right? :D :D ;)

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

[​IMG] Maybe I am mistaken here....but didn't San Antonio win the championship last year...and doesn't that make them the best?

Seriously...the Pistons do look really good so far this year.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I remember being told on this board last season during the playoffs that the Pistons were the best, were a sure thing to win the championship, blah, blah, blah.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pistons? Isn't that the team better known as the "Thugs of Auburn Palace"?

Only place they are famous is on the posters on the wall of the post office . . .

(BTW, I'm not a piston fan)

6. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well well the gangs all here almost.

Good to see you 4Hisglory.

Yes they did win it Pastorsbc. Good chance they will meet again. SA is playing great also.

KenH.......uh hello again. I am tryi9ng to find something good to say. I really just posted Just to get a rise out of you, and Dr. Bob,...the Detroit hater. Hasn't a clue but knows he hates Detroit. And Doc.....those thugs sure can play basketball!!

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yes and we must remind him that though SA won it took seven games to do so, and that from a very tired worn out Detroit team. Imagine if the Pistons had been up to full streangth.

Its amazing how the Pistons have maintained there defensive identity while integrating Flip Saunders offense. As a result they are not only Playing Detroit Basketball, but also shooting the lights out of there opponents. Now where are all those naysayer claiming Detroit can't score?

Anyhow, I hope to be able to get out to he Palace somtime soon for a game.

8. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG] :rolleyes:

Still making excuses!?!? You still cannot admit that San Antonio was the better team. As Ken said ...blah, blah, blah.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

[​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG] :rolleyes:

Still making excuses!?!? You still cannot admit that San Antonio was the better team. As Ken said ...blah, blah, blah.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Spoken like a true Detroit hater. ;) When your hte best though thats what happens. :D

10. PastorSBC1303

blah, blah, blah :D

When Detroit wins the championship you can talk all you want...until then SA is the best team in the NBA. [​IMG]

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

4HIS_Glory,
    Just wanted to get the Detroit haters going. I am looking forward to this year.
    I think you are right Detroit came in tired and the two teams are so close that any advantage is going to make a big difference. They split a game during the season and won by one in the playoffs so it ain't that bad. Doesn't look like Indiana or Miami is going to make it unless they pull themselves to gether. Hey if you make a game let me know. Try to catch up with ya.

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Excuses, excuses.

Detroit had the same opportunity to beat Miami in as many games as San Antonio took to dispatch Phoenix, and they didn't get it done. Maybe they went in tired, but you play with what you have and the situation that you're in, and the Spurs beat them fair and square. Besides, if there are excuses to be made, consider that if Dwayne Wade hadn't gotten hurt, the Pistons wouldn't have even made The Finals.

Detroit fans, you can say that the Spurs were a better team in the 2005 Finals. Really. It won't kill you. [​IMG]

13. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Would have been nice to have the same attitude last year.
    Read over last years thread what a hoot. Did enjoy most of it. Someone, I think it was KenH or JimmyC said that the miami game would wear on Detroit. I thought it would make no difference. Then when I saw Ben get his second wind against SA in the last two wins I thought, it was true. I like a team to be healthy and all things equial as much as possible. Then let the talent shine through.
    Who are you calling it for this year? You sticking with SA?

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Hey don't make me go back and post all the excuses being made last year.......

ccrobinson

Shaq's health is crucial to whether Miami can win the series. With him, they can and I think they will. Without him, they don't have enough firepower to overcome the Piston's D.

And afterwards they lost because "shaq and Wade were hurt."

Oh how soon the self rightoues forget. ;)

15. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

16. PastorSBC1303

I think Detroit is the best team in the East, and as I stated earlier they have looked great this year so far.

In the west I think San Antonio, Dallas, and Phoenix all have a shot.

I think this might be the year Dallas can get over the hump. But it should be a great year of basketball.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought you were talking about the Pistons. The Spurs have the trophy which proves they are were the best in 2005. I see no reason why they won't be the best in 2006 as well. But, then again, that's why they play the games. We'll find out in about six months.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Timtoolman,

If you want to quote me, then I would appreciate it if you used what I actually said instead of making it up. I went searching and found the thread where I wrote this.

"Shaq's health is crucial to whether Miami can win the series. With him, they can and I think they will. Without him, they don't have enough firepower to overcome the Piston's D."

After the Miami-Detroit series, I didn't write so much as one word about it. I certainly didn't make any excuses about Miami losing. Miami lost because they weren't good enough to win. With Wade, they still hadn't won the series once he got hurt and without him, they did lose.

You quoted me, made up the rest of it and then called me self-righteous because of what you made up. I don't appreciate it at all.

19. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

LOL, if, if, if Miami is this, if Miami does this....this is still called excuses. You are worse cause you made em before the game. However the bottom line is excuses. You used em and then jumped on others. Get over yourself

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I thought you were talking about the Pistons. The Spurs have the trophy which proves they are were the best in 2005. I see no reason why they won't be the best in 2006 as well. But, then again, that's why they play the games. We'll find out in about six months. </font>[/QUOTE]Very cautious of you Ken. :cool: