1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about them Pistons

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Timtoolman, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I think Detroit is the best team in the East, and as I stated earlier they have looked great this year so far.

In the west I think San Antonio, Dallas, and Phoenix all have a shot.

I think this might be the year Dallas can get over the hump. But it should be a great year of basketball.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Actually agree Pastor. I watch Dallas beat Detroit and watch the suns the other day. Both very tough.

If SA gets by those two again this year and beats Detroit I will have to say they ARE the team! I would say those are the four top teams(I am including Detroit) but they will knock each other out for the playoffs. What you think. Any teams in the east you think could beat Dallas or the Suns?

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Maybe the Pacers could beat Dallas or the Suns, but it would depend which team shows up. They see to be a bit inconsistent.

One thing that I find interesting is that the Lakers are not the best team in L.A. this year. Its nice to see the Clippers performing better than the media darling Lakers.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I did go back and read and you were quit gracioius. You did not make any excuses after the game. Should have done it before I made that last post to you. AS I extract my foot from my mouth I apologize.
    I see you were a maime fan, what do you think is going on? Wade is not playing up to last years play. And well, I think Shaq is jut getting old and the extra wieght is takng a toll on him. He really is only good for about one quarter. Which he shines and gets 20 or so pts but slows way down by the end of the game. Last year He had great 1 qters and held Pistons at bay, but he could not do it th e whole game. If you was younger I think it would be different story.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Yep, you should have looked it up.

Actually, I'm not a Miami fan at all. My pick last spring was made objectively. I really thought Miami would win. I had no vested interest in Miami winning or losing.

I follow the NBA enough to talk somewhat intelligently, but I don't follow it as close as I used to. When I started watching the NBA, it was when Larry Legend was the best, and being from Illinois, I followed the Bulls, which was really easy in the late 80s and 90s.

I don't know what's up with Wade. Maybe he doesn't think the current and new players can get the job done, so he's pressing and not playing well. I don't have a better theory than that. However, I think you're right on about Shaq. Pat Riley is a better coach, I think, than Van Gundy, but I have doubts that he's going to be able to turn it around.

You can be sure that if a team that I have an interest in loses, like if the Bulls lose in the playoffs to the Pistons, there will be no excuses made.

Apology accepted.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

We agree completely on this point! [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

I do not think any team in the East has a shot of being the west except the Pistons.

As a Bulls fan, I hope they have a good year and make the playoffs...but I don't see anyone challenging the Pistons until the finals. Now of course I hope I am all wrong. [​IMG]

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

ccrobinsion, I still would have taken Shaq over Kobe any day. I said last year after watching Wade that maimi was going to have to be dealt with but they are not playing with the intensity they did last year. I would say Wade was about the best player I saw in the play offs last year. He was just incrediable. I thought Indiana and Maimi was going to make it really tough for the pistons to get too the finals but unless they pick up the pace I think Pistons have a good chance of being there.

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I do not think any team in the East has a shot of being the west except the Pistons.

As a Bulls fan, I hope they have a good year and make the playoffs...but I don't see anyone challenging the Pistons until the finals. Now of course I hope I am all wrong. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Its really a rough time when you have a championship team and then you lose everyone and have to rebuld. Sometimes it takes years! He he, just trying to perk you up.
    When the Bad Boys won thier back to back and they dismantled the team I quit watching them for a while. I really enjoy bb so I didn't stay away too long.

9. PastorSBC1303

This is true....guess I will just have to focus on the glory of 6 championships in 8 years [​IMG]

Something I do not see any NBA team doing again in a long, long time.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

We agree completely on this point! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]NO WAY! WE can't let that happen now can we? ;) :D

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Taking Shaq over Kobe was a no-brainer for most people not named Wes Unseld (LA Laker GM). Not only is he a great player, but he has cool nicknames (Shaq Daddy, Big Diesel, Big Aristotle). :cool:

I don't think Kobe has any nicknames, but I propose one for him, Weasel. :D

I just read an article about Riley's return. It appears that the players are happy to have him coaching again, though one game is hardly a trend. If Shaq Daddy, and Zo stay healthy, and Wade gets back to 2004-05 form, and if Riley gets the job done at coach, then the Heat have the talent to challenge the Pistons. Lot of ifs there, especially with the health of Shaq.

I like the position the Pistons are in. Not only are they still a great defensive team, but they're getting it done on offense too.

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Taking Shaq over Kobe was a no-brainer for most people not named Wes Unseld (LA Laker GM). Not only is he a great player, but he has cool nicknames (Shaq Daddy, Big Diesel, Big Aristotle). :cool:

I don't think Kobe has any nicknames, but I propose one for him, Weasel. :D
    [/QUOTE]

LOL, well put!

Yeah I am surprised so far but lots of season left, and plenty of time too get it together. I think Wade last year was much better then them two white boys from the east(that were always being mention, one was mvp). However he is not playing his game this year it seems.

Yeah, agree. I have been watching Dallas, Suns and SA's games and I am, of course, rooting for the pistons, but they have some teams with really good players to get past. I think, making my excuses early, that if one team has and advantage it will be enough to make the win over the other. I would like to see SA and Detroit get the same amount of rest, no injuries and let the best team win.

[ December 14, 2005, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Timtoolman ]

13. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

4HisGlory, let me know if you are going to any of the games. I haven't gone to any this year and am kind of busy with my new job at work. My daughter works for PPG(Pittsburgh Paint and Glass) and they have a suite there that she gets once in awhile so I supose I will make those games. Or maybe we can pick a game and the Wife and I can meet you there.
    OUr youth pastor last year during the playoffs got so excited he did a drum roll with those thundersticks on the guy in front of him. Which was a suite. Turn out to be Rick Berry.......man he was not too happy. Don't know if I really blame him, but he went into the suite cussing away and never came out the rest of the game. Too many crazies Maybe. grin

Tim

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

lol Tim... Rick Berry! lol.

I don't know if I wll be able to make it to a game anytime soon. My wife just had our thrid child so we are kind of busy right now. But I would love to try to go sometime this season. I was looking online at available tickets and it seems most of the good games are sold out (Pacers Heat etc.).

A freind of mine was just telling me how he got to sit on the court fro free! He said it was a perspective you never see because you can here the players talking and calling out plays. That was back when Joe Dumars was still playing.

15. PastorSBC1303

Congrats! [​IMG]

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

17. PastorSBC1303

Future piston player or cheerleader?

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

He would have to be a player.

19. PastorSBC1303

The Bulls and Pistons play tonight.

There have been some articles in the Chicago news recently about the Bulls and Pistons history of the last 15-20 years.

There was a poll question wanting to know if the Bulls and Pistons are still big rivals. The poll at the moment is pretty split...with about 50% saying the Pistons are too good at the moment for their to be much of a rivalry. And the other 50% saying the rivalry is back on.

What do you Piston fans on here say?

20. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I don't think it is much of a rivalry personally. Its certainly not like the 80's and early 90's with Jordan, Pippen, Thomas, and Dumars.

I wathced the game. It was a blowout. It seems like Chicago just lost their will to win about halfway into the second quarter.

I do think the Bulls have a lot of young talent, and a lot of potential. Frankly I was surprised the game was a blowout.

I think the Pacers/Pistons is probably one of the strongest rivalries in the NBA right now, but for the most part I think the NBA is pretty much bankrupt of good rivalries.