1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about them Pistons

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Timtoolman, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Convicted by the Spirit

Agreed with the comment above. If Deriot wants to win the championship this year R.Wallace is going to have to stop taking 11 3 pointers like he did last night in the loss to the nets. he only made 1 of 11. I still take SA over DT in the finals.

Looking at the Heat i don't think they have what it takes to win a championship. Too many shoot first players and Shaq is not the same player from the championship years in LA.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Injuries are reasons.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Rasheed has been hitting threes just fine. The Pistons where hitting 40% from the 3pt line up till New Jersy and that may be due to the schedule. Tired and all. They have so much in their arsenal that they don't have to rely on the 3. To say that the championship hangs on Rasheed shooting 3 pters is made from someone who has not been watching.
    Disapointing that no pistons made the all star. Kobe, Jermaine O'neil, Labron, Gnolbli, you can have em all give me some guys that realize basketball is a team sport. Rick, Chauncy, Prince and Rasheed could all be 30 pt scorers if wanted to be. They are all stars.
    AS for SA over Detroit I don't see them in the finals if they don't step up or heal up, whatever the case may be. To me they are playing kind of sluggish. HOwever they are still winning so that says alot for them.

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Agreed with the comment above. If Deriot wants to win the championship this year R.Wallace is going to have to stop taking 11 3 pointers like he did last night in the loss to the nets. he only made 1 of 11. I still take SA over DT in the finals.

Looking at the Heat i don't think they have what it takes to win a championship. Too many shoot first players and Shaq is not the same player from the championship years in LA.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Actually that was last year. Records show they are not the best team so far this year.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Piston Fans: Does Peja with the Pacers worry you at all?

6. PastorSBC1303

Have all the Piston fans fallen asleep? [​IMG]

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

HOW ABOT THEM MAVS!

13 wins in a row, destroyed the Heat last night. Yet, as well as they are playing, the Spurs are right there, its going to be fun watching the rest of the season.

I dont have any real problems with the western all star team, but with the mavs being the best team, to only have one all star doesnt seem right - detroit had four players chosen by the coaches, but apart from detroit the east looks weak.

tonight, in one of those dreaded back to backs, the mavs have to play at denver. Carmello will probably feel he has something to prove after being left off the all star team, and come out smoking. should be a great game.

By the way, cudos to mavs owner Mark Cuban. He announced today that the mavs would be under the salary cap and wont have the luxury tax to pay and is REDUCING ticket prices! How many first place teams that are selling out every game will do that for the fans??

8. PastorSBC1303

The Mavs have been playing great.

That is great thing that Cuban did for the fans.

I have found the running dialogue between Cuban and Phil Jackson funny.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Not in the least.

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

4hisglory, went to the pistons game last weds. Daughter had suite tickets from work (PPG) What great seats. Actually better then being down in front.Thier siute is just left of the center or halfcourt and only about 15 rows back. And the food!
    It looks like the Pistons are playing thier bench more. A good idea I think. We have been playing the starters alot and they seem to be getting tired. So maybe a good stradigy too work the bench.

11. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Better look in your rear mirror; the Spurs are gaining!

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I am more worried about Miami Heat. They are picking up the tempo. Playing Shaq smartly. Or the Utah Jazz. The couple of games I hae watch them play, two against us, I was impressed.
    Hate to admitt it, but it is like KanH said. Its what happens in the play-offs. Home court aside that is. Some coaches try to involve thier whole team from day one. Thatcan cost you games but prepeare you for the play-offs better.
    I see the Pistsons seem more content to work on their bench then winning every game. May pay off for them.

13. PastorSBC1303

The playoffs are coming closer....

Obviously you have to think that Detroit is coming out of the East. Unless there is just a complete meltdown, and the Heat somehow find a way to win it. I don't see any other team in the East even coming close.

But who in the world is going to come out of the West? I dont think the Suns play enough defense to do it. I think it will come down to who wins the second round matchup of the Spurs and the Mavs. I think the Mavs finally have a real shot of doing it.

Should be fun

14. PastorSBC1303

Goodness, I actually want the Pistons to beat the Knicks and what happens....the Knicks beat them.

Why do I want the Pistons to beat the Knicks? I want the Knicks to lose every game because the Bulls hold the rights to their 1st round draft pick this year. If the Bulls miss the playoffs, which it looks like they will, they will have 2 lottery picks in this years draft.

15. standingfirminChrist

Well, if I could see to drive, I would have the piston's checked once they started knocking. But since I cannot drive, I'll leave that to the professionals.