1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How appropiate is it 4 a Pastor to....

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Phillipians121, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

huh?

Could you link the thread where another poster stated that SBC was sarcastic and rude?

Goodness, no reason to get all uptight.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Before you ignore me, can you show me a poster that has called me sarcastic?

3. Phillipians121

Phillipians121 New Member

No I didn't ask for advice I asked for thoughts on a pastors conduct.

I am not knew to message boards and know a troublemaker when I see one.

Every marriage has problems in some area, ours just isn't in the same area's as the pastor I am asking about. We were not seeing him about our sex life we were there for dealing with raising children, since the intimate area was fine in our life and I have known the pastor and his wife for years before this came up I thought I may be able to help him understand his wife better and having delt with abuse victims myself.

Tatertot, Donna, and pastorsbc have not added anything constructive to the OP

#83 Phillipians121, Sep 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2006
  4. Phillipians121

Good looks like I figured out the block

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Hold up here. Go back and reread your first few posts. I quoted one a page back. You asked if you should bring this to the attention of someone. Most of us have said yes. You also asked if it was appropriate what he did and everyone to my recollection has said no. What else do you want?

We just saw holes in the story is all. I never said you claimed to have issues in the imtimacy dept. You are the one that keeps hammering that.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Actually, Pastor is one who give's fairly good and sound advice. I find him fairly mature and wise for a man his age and know the Lord has great use for him. Don't take this wrong, but you made a bad choice by letting your Pastors behavior persist for a year and you are making a bad choice again with Pastor.

I fear you will meet with the Elder expecting a particular reaction from him. If you don't see that reaction you will move to another Church. i think the pattern is you are not looking for sound advice, you are looking for confirmation what you think is right. I pray you find someone you trust who can give you truth instead of confirmation that you will accept.

7. Phillipians121

This didn't go on for a year continually it happend a few times over the course of a year. Maybe the fact that it was sporatic made it not that big of a deal in the scheme of things like us getting help with our son.

I also said we are taking action, no help to the pastorsbc post but to others who actually gave good advice and were not mean and judgemental about it. I also said we haven't been at the church for over a month and were NEVER planning on going back. I also said we will present the facts either way. How they take it we really do not care. It will be to help those who are left and the pastor not us since it didn't effect me all that much, our marriage is strong and so is our faith.

#87 Phillipians121, Sep 26, 2006
  8. Phillipians121

According to this guy Mcroon it is never ok to confront the elders about a pastor, now I am really confused?

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Women understand women better than men because they have been in the same situations and what I see is inappropriate behavior on the pastor's part and enabling (and encouragement - intended or not) on yours.

The first time a man talks about sex to a woman who is not his wife - shame on him. The second time he talks to that same woman about sex - shame on her.

If it had been me and I wanted to help, I would have talked to the wife, not the husband. It sounds like she needs help with a husband like that. I can see why she is not responsive to him.

You stopped going to the church a month ago - when the pastor started staying home.

You are never going back to that church.

What is the purpose of this thread?

As many others have said. You have your mind made up and already knew the answer to your OP before you posted the question.

You were looking for some validation that it was all his fault and when you didn't get that, you became defensive.

Sorry, I'm not gentler, but I cut through the forest to the tree and you need to get this. You acted like none of the rest of us were attractive enough to have had this happen so we don't understand.

Oh yes, we understand all too well. That's why we can see through a story with holes in it and that's why we can recognize inappropriate behavior right off the bat and FLEE...

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I really did think that that post was (1) out of character, you hit more than you miss, but (2) it followed Bapmom's comment . . .

Well, I got thrown for a loop!

I didn't think you guys were being all that judgemental . . . ya'll are usually the nice ones on the board.

;)

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I have not read the whole thread - it grew pages while I was reading it.

But, one thing I have thought of from my experience (no I am not married), pastors sometimes need friends. The innapropriatness of this pastor's comments may have more to do with his needing friends than his attempt to lure a woman into his trap . . .

Just my IMHO.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

OK.

There have been good suggestions and bad suggestions.

But, throwing out the baby with the bath water is not what is needed.

I did not challenge your version of the story, but with regards to your reaction - I must say that your reaction is a bit strong.

#92 El_Guero, Sep 26, 2006
  13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

What did I miss?

You take the advice of an author, McCroon (sp) who gets rich from his book, but you call men and women that take of their time to help you (and whom I have deep respect for) "Trouble Makers"?

That was just plain rude: add me to your block then.

Out here.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=33720&page=8

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Let's wrap this up folks. This thread will be closed at 10:00 p.m. eastern time tonight, unless by moderator's discretion it needs to be closed sooner.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

And thats what you've been given you just don't like it.
    I also would like to see a link to a thread where someone said that about pastorsbc. Because I don't recall seeing it on this thread.
    If you were going to quit going to church why didn't you do it while the "perpetrator" was there, why did you wait till he was gone?
    A strong faith does not quit going to church, it says I'll over come whatever satan throws at me.
    You can block people from sedning you a private message but you can not block them from responsing to your posts.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

is anyone other then me finding this attitude and anger familiar?

17. Gayla

Gayla New Member

:tonofbricks: :BangHead:
    Yep!

18. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

If that is the case, then her reaction would make more sense . . .

19. Phillipians121

I would have to disagree with you- you women seem to be missing the fact that we were seeing the pastor on more important issues and felt his remarks were not serious enough or harmful in any way. Kind of felt sorry for him and his situation. They may have been inappropiate but not threatening.

When he confided in me about his wife he made it clear NOT to talk to her about it since she is a very private person. I did not have a relationship with her since she was very selective and SHY about who she hung around (about 5 women who she knew longer) I was not one of them. She is six years younger than me. So I knew if I had that would have only made things worse for everyone.

Maybe I am not hung about about talking about certain topics. I am from California and we seem to be a bit more relaxed. Exactly one of the things the pastor LIKED about me. He made remarks often that I was REFRESHING - FUN - HONEST - DOWN TO EARTH

Give it up women you are not going to make me feel like i did something wrong. i have talked to friends of mine who do not go to that church who said they would have done the same thing.

#99 Phillipians121, Sep 26, 2006
  20. Phillipians121

Lets get back on topic and answer this guys post, seems he doesn't agree with the mainstream. I do not know him but his comments do make sense.

I have read several posts that talk about the problems on this board. I have read more than I write. I looked up a topic only to find people who had problems with others on here (I can see exactly why) and I remember pastorsbc was mentioned as one of them.

So dealing with scripture and truth how do you all feel about MCROONS post?

I say again not just to hear myself but to warn all of us that we commit a far greater sin when we try to "correct the preacher" whether he needs it or not. We have taken ourselves out from under his authority and ultimately from under God's authority. This does not mean that we can not leave the church and find another or better place to worship and serve at...maybe we should...but it does mean that we CANNOT/SHOULD NOT confront the pastor or spread gossip (no matter how truthful) about that pastor. It is not our place and we don't have the authority to do it...period!! Tha tis why my example of David is perfect. He was already annoited as the King and would have been right to replace Saul but David was right that he would have dishonored his own authority by taking action against Saul, the King that was given by God to the nation. Saul was at one time empowered by God and blessed by God but after his sin and lack of repentance God removed His blessings and protection and Saul ultimately was removed and David assumed power in the right way at God's appointed time. We should operate this way...instead of gossipping or complaining or empowering ourselves to "correct the preacher" we should be doing more praying for our pastor and church leadership!!! God will resolve alot more alot quicker that way!! God Bless!!

#100 Phillipians121, Sep 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.