1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How bad is TV

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I started this thread as to not to hijack:

You stated that HBO is evil - as I stated, I dont get HBO, however, I have heard that there are several good special events - just like any other TV station or network. Therefore by your satement, you are saying that all TV is bad

2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Dear Mr. Salty:

In reference to the original thread which started this discussion, I would like to let everyone in BB land know that I like to give Crabtownboy a hard time (I was just funnin with him). As one of the resident liberals I think he should expect it from some of us. In fact in some ways Bro. Curtis is my hero because he is a master at it. I have nothing against Crabby, but I fondly remember "funnin" with BillWald when I first came here and since he is gone someone has to take his place.

Now in reference to your insistence to paint the picture that I think all TV is evil, I still do not see where you are coming up with that. Please look at my picture, it is Hank Kimball from Green Acres a TV character. It used to be Jed Clampett from The Beverly Hillbillies a TV character. If you look at one of my signature quotes it says "No Brag Just Fact" that's a quote from The Guns Of Will Sonnet a TV show with the main character being the late great Walter Brennan. I like TV, I do not think its evil. I probably like it too much.

That being said I do not have cable and if I did I would not pay extra for the premium channels. Do I personally think most of what is on TV these days is garbage, yes I do (this is a discussion board and opinions are still okay aren't they). I choose to use discretion, however, what the rest of you want to watch is your business, its a liberty issue.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

Sincerely,

Thousand Hills