1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Barack Obama Will Ensure His Victory in 2012

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

[FONT=times new roman,times]The coup de grace Obama will use against rightist opposition is mostly embodied in one word: Amnesty. This, along with some other measures, will both grow the Hispanic voting block and ingratiate Obama to it. This will enable him to create a powerful coalition of blacks, young voters and Hispanics that, along with the older whites he will be able to retain, will constitute an insurmountable electoral force. And this is why amnesty has long been a dream of the Democrats. Even easier than brainwashing new voters (which the media and academia specialize in) is importing them.[/FONT]

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/11/how_barack_obama_will_ensure_h.html

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amnesty for whom?

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

The idea is to grant anmesty to the 20 to 30 million illegal aliens currently living in the United States. Frankly it is an idea that scares me.

But I don't think it will happen and here is why. First, it would be very unpopular. Any congressman voting for it would face a severe reelction challenge. Second, amnesty is not the same as citizenship. Even if all were granted amnesty and instant legal status that would not make them citizens with voting rights. There would be many immigrants who played by the rules and waited their turn that would be very upset and would be driven to the republican party. Then, even if they were all citizens they would not all vote and some of them would still vote republican.

If they got 40% of them to vote, and 90% of them voted democrat then this would give the democrats about 6 1/2 million votes long term but they would loose the house for at least one election cycle. I think most are too short sighted to try it.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds a bit like the idea Bush floated a few years ago.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thought he only want to run for one term.
    Which I don't trust to be true.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken the citizenship was rushed up for some immigrants in 2000 to vote for Gore. Anyhow democrats would never let legality stand in the way of a vote or 6.5 million.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way to stomp him in 4 years... defeat him in Florida, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia and N. Carolina-- at least 4 of those 5, likely by having the Prez and VP candidates from those (but not a Bush), right of center, good orator,... but too much of course depends on what happens the next 4 years. Unquestionably Obama cannot meet the expectations placed on him because they are simply too high, and some groups which were warm to him will turn cold; small businesspersons, doctors/medical personnel (he is bound to mess that up, because there's really no way to win), baby boomer retirees, military, farmers, some oil field and auto workers if he's more concerned about 'the environment' than their keeping jobs...

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a good strategy plus take the interior west states back. It is like part of the reason Obama was elected, W's lack of leadership on any issue. Failure to control the borders or address immigration came back to haunt this administration. It went over the top when they sent the two border patrol agents to jail for doing their job. If I was advising Obama on things to do to help his popularity, that should be one of his first acts, is to release those agents.

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Republicans should also keep in mind that no president who had not been a governor has been reelected and served a full 2nd term since Eisenhower. But admittedly I don't even know offhand who are the current governors of Ohio and Florida [ed. Ohio governor is a Democrat; Florida is Charlie Crist-- don't know much about him] now (but as for recent ones, again, don't nominate anyone named Bush).

#9 Alcott, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
  10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I haven't heard that. Do you have a reference?

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I'm with you. Bush was definitely pushing this idea. Personally, I don't support it.