1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How can a Christ follower justify his support of the Democratic Party?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Skandelon, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

I know how you feel, because I used to feel the same way. But I realized that all these nondefensive wars, in which tens of thousands of civilians are killed (and which we go to under false pretenses), are just as immoral as the slaughter of the unborn in the womb. That's why since 2008 I've refused to vote for any GOP or Dem as the commander-in-chief.

2. Ed B

Ed B Member

Exactly! One of the biggest mistakes a person can make is believing one of the political parties is "good". We should at least pick the lesser of the evils knowing that is what we are doing.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No because that would be like admitting that we are knowingly taking part in their evil and corruption.

Best we just keep acting dumb about it. :smilewinkgrin:

#23 poncho, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably 90% of "Christ Followers" grossly mistakenly believe that Jews after the flesh are 'God's Chosen People', i.e., The Elect.

Per JTA, the Democrat party is 2/3 funded by Jewish donors.

So there you go, God's Chosen People the Jews dominate the Democrat Party, and what Jews want God wants, that's all you need to know.

#24 kyredneck, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  5. billwald

billwald New Member

>No because that would be like admitting that we are knowingly taking part in their evil and corruption.

Sometimes truth hurts.

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We take part in evil and corruption everyday, we're human, we can't help it.

Politics are a human invention, therefore they are going to be flawed no matter what. Choices have to be made and those choices mean we are going to be choosing between one humans flawed ideas over someone else's. Unless Jesus is going to run for president, we are stuck participating in evil and corruption.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Good point but how do you explain the Christ follower supporting a candidate that either has openly given aid and support to Islamic extremists as Obama has done or has openly admitted that he will not only continue the practice of supporting Islamic extremists but expand on it, as Romney has just promised?

What if the Christ follower in question doesn't believe in supporting Islamic extremism?

Where's the path to the lesser of the two evils if they are one and the same evil?

What if the only choice is evil? What does the Christ follower do then? Throw up his arms and say well I'll just go with the evil my party offers because it's my party that is offering it?

What kind of Christianity is that?

#27 poncho, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just an observation, but it seems odd to me that as much as you have hammered me for saying I am going to vote for Romney, I am getting equally raked over the coals in another thread by those you usually argue with in regards to the Georgia Congressman that used a local church to talk about the evil of evolution. It is not that I believe in evolution, it is that I do not believe a politician of either party has any business in a church to push any agenda.

As you asked where does a path lead from two evils, what does one conclude about getting criticism from both sides?

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You might be asking the wrong guy. I've been hammered by both sides since I joined BB. I wouldn't know any different.

I'm not trying to hammer on you here okay I just want to understand how a Christ follower can support a candidate that vows to continue the support of Islamic extremists?

In this case both candidates are involved in the same evil. It's evil to me maybe it's something else to you kind of like torture is evil to me but to most folks here abouts that have become comfortable with the idea it's something else like "enhanced interrogation". I guess semantics somehow soothes the sting of dumping a long held principle?

Assuming you are still going to support Romney how do you plan to defend his promise to expand Obama's practice of arming Islamic extremists? You aren't going to be one those "I will continue to support Romney because of other issues" are ya?

That's like saying I disagree with arming Islamic extremists but I'm willing to overlook it in the hopes that Romney will repeal Obamacare. Nevermind Romney and his team of experts are the original authors of it. Most likely you won't have much defending to do here save from me because it seems most folks here would rather avoid the discussion altogether there by avoiding the need to defend their own participation in this most heinous of evils.

I'm just curious and would like to hear at least one Romney supporter attempt to defend it before we toss it down the memory hole.

#29 poncho, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  10. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can a Christ follower justify their support for a Republican as well. Romney believes that Lucifer is Jesus brother... Read up on Mormons and their founder-just as bad as Obama. My response this election is to pray, not vote for the "lesser" of two evils again.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for enlightening us, I don't think anybody on this board even realized this

thank goodness we never elected a Jehovah Witness as President - or did we?