1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How did God “constitute” mankind after the fall?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by canadyjd, Mar 4, 2021.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and the sting of the death is the sin, and the power of the sin the law; 1 Cor 15:56

When God said, "thou dost not eat of it," the man created on the sixth day, in this manner, And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature.

The man, created of flesh, was sold under sin.------ Romans 7:14 for we have known that the law is spiritual, and I am fleshly, sold by the sin;

Rom 8:20 for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it -- in hope,
    Gal 3:22 but the Writing did shut up the whole under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ may be given to those believing.

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They banned me for a couple of months. (not the first time). But to show I forgive, I'm back.

Why pray "lead us not into temptation (our own lust) if God does not do this? I notice the Pope has a hard time with this verse as well. God hardens hearts too.

3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    God caused it by creating him knowing he would. But if you look at the big picture, you can see why. We now have God's (Christ's) imputed righteousness, instead of Adam's righteousness had he not sinned. As righteous as Christ? YES.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From a previous post;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood,
    which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before,
    beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

We see this in relation to Gods grace when these unstable persons look to
    change biblical definitions and the biblical usage of those words.

What words get distorted?

Biblical Foreknowledge, Biblical ordination, Biblical predestination are mostly distorted to subvert the teaching.
    The word WREST used by Peter means to take out and twist on a torture rack.

We will investigate real examples of those blame God for man's sin kind of posts.

This was posted earlier and if read and learned would have spared us from the error of this poster, who must not have read this in the other thread. Perhaps he did read it, but opposes himself with his novelties.

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And so we disagree.

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot wear the righteousness of Christ without first wearing the sin of Adam. Study Paul in Romans 5. I would not want to face God without anything more than my self-righteousness.

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you stated it isn’t Adam’s sin. You said it’s God’s sin because He created Adam knowing He would sin so God caused Adam to sin.

As I said, I disagree.

peace to you

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said God cannot sin. Sin breaks a law given by a superior. And there are no other gods God must answer to. Why pray "lead us not into temptation " if God doesn't cause sinners to sin. Look at all the hearts he hardened to sin even more.

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture says God doesn’t tempt anyone, so I guess the prayer worked.

peace to you

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    He says to pray that he lead us not into temptation. The pope wants to remove this from scripture. Can you imagine why? Because God alone keeps us from our wickedness. Many times leads us into it. Punishing sin with sin. How many times does he blind and harden the hearts of people in scripture?

11. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture says God doesn’t tempt anyone. God is not responsible for any sin, no not even one.

peace to you

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It says he led Christ into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. Christ is perfectly sinless. But in our case, the temptation comes not from God but from our flesh and the Devil. But he controls the test.

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is God. He allowed Himself to be tempted by Satan for our benefit.

Scripture is clear. God doesn’t tempt anyone. God is not responsible for anyone’s sin.

peace to you

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It says the Holy Spirit led him into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. How about Job? How about Christ's crucifixion? God certainly led the Jews and Romans to commit that evil.

15. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Dave... As I heard one preacher say the Lord does not lead anyone into temptation, he sometimes intervenes so the temptation we face is not as hard as we could have faced... I don't know about you but when temptation arises, I don't need the Lord to lead me there as one preacher said... I can find it myself!... Question, did Paul blame the Lord in Romans 7?... Brother Glen:)

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    He led Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. How about Job? How about your sins in life? Peter's denial of Christ? Don't they make us stronger?

17. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe in the Absolute Predestination of ALL things, don't you Dave?... I believe God will not lose a one, God's people are Predestinated not things... Brother Glen:)

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing happens apart from him, good, bad or accidental. Whoever controls all things is God. Otherwise, you have atheism.

“In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:” Ephesians 1:11 (KJV 1900)

The very words you speak at this time a week from now are part of your creation.

19. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
    6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Dave sometimes I'm tempted by myself, sometimes I'm tempted by the Devil... BUT I AM NEVER TEMPTED BY GOD!... As scriptures say, GOD TEMPTETH NO MAN!... Brother Glen:)

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)
    But have you ever been chastised by God for sinning?

“But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.” Hebrews 12:8 (KJV 1900)