1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Did It Go Yesterday

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Feb 4, 2008.

1. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Things went well for us yesterday as well. In the morning I preached from I Samuel 6 on the Sovereignty of God, and Sunday nights, we are going through the constitution of the church.

The first week I taugth on the Doctrine of the Bible, last week I taught on the Doctrine of God, and last night was on the Doctrine of Christ. Next week, I will be teaching on the Doctrine of the Holy Spirit.

2. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Very Good Sunday!

This past Sunday was a very good day for us. Though no one responded to the invitation to receive Christ, the Spirit of God was so obviously present.

It was also the beginning of my 13th year as pastor. No one said anything. :( When you have been in a church for that long you become sort of like an old shoe! Oh, well.

I began a new 4-message series of messages on the theme "3:16 The Numbers of Hope." (Max Lucado's book). I really enjoyed preaching on the subject "He Loves."

The next two Sundays are spring break weekends. The sheep will scatter!