1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How did Jesus know "The word that I have Spoken will Judge him on the Last Day.…"

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Alan Gross, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did Jesus know
    "The word that I have Spoken" WOULD BE PRESERVED IN A BOOK
    and "will Judge him on the Last Day"?

Because He is God and Big enough to have His Holy Spirit EXECUTE SUPERINTENDANCE OVER THE ADMINISTRATION of the PRESERVATION of the INSPIRATION OF HIS WORD,...UNTIL,....THE JUDGMENT.

John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in Me should remain in darkness.

47 As for anyone who hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I have not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 There is a judge for the one who rejects Me and does not receive My words: The word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.…

Berean Standard Bible · Download

KJVO #3 "I BELIEVE IN THE RECEIVED TEXT ONLY"

This group would consider the TR has either been "supernaturally preserved" or even "inspired" and hence remain inerrant through the providential hand of God. They believe that the TR is verbally identical to the original autographs.

They consider any English translation from "inferior" Greek texts of W/H (Wescott & Hort) or UBS/Nestle-Aland (United Bible Society) as to be sub-standard and inaccurate.
    KJVO #4 "I BELIEVE THE KING JAMES IS INSPIRED"

This group, by far the majority of the KJVonly, believe that the KJV itself, as an English translation, is inspired and therefore inerrant. A person who would dare to defend or even use another translation of the Bible are rejecting the "true" and "real" Bible, the only Word of God.

To this group, any "change" (added words, omitted words or verses, different choices of English words, modern words) is deviation from the truth and therefore "corrupt". The standard is always the KJV. They believe that God providentially gave the translators wisdom and guided them so that they translated all of the words correctly. As a result, they believe the King James Version is the perfectly preserved Word of God in the English language.

"The King James Bible Alone = The Word of God Alone."