1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How did you become KJVO?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by uhdum, Feb 26, 2004.

1. uhdum

uhdum New Member

Thank you and God bless to all who have responded to my thread! Feel free to keep posting if you wish; I simply wanted to express my thanks for sharing with me your beliefs.

God bless

2. michelle

michelle New Member

Peace and love to you all in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

uhdum,

May I ask what this research you are doing is about? Can you tell us anything about it? I am just curious. If you have time to comment, I would be interested in it.

Thank you and may the Lord continually bless you richly in all you do for him.

love in Jesus Christ our Faithful Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

The longer I stick around in the Bible versions forum, the more "KJVO" I become. One reason is the more the mv advo's label me, the real reason is they are the ones helping to confirm the AV 1611 KJB is the Bible for the Englsih speaking people by their ridiculous accusations against the Bible.

4. uhdum

uhdum New Member

Greetings Michelle! How are things in MO?

I have been around the whole "version debate" since around 2000 and have swayed from several different positions. It first came up when I was in high school. I had several friends who grew up in KJVO churches, and several who did not (as a matter of fact, I had seven classmates in my small Christian high school). I have swayed on the issue since then and actually came to the BB to look into this debate some more. While I have not posted a lot, I have been a frequent visitor since 2001.

I suppose I would consider myself a student of people; I always want to find out what makes them tick. As I see the debate "raging on" (lol) on both sides, I realized a vital truth (that I hope both sides realize): we are all Christians and all (hopefully) love Jesus. Therefore, knowing this, I wanted to see where everyone on both sides was coming from. Everyone believes something for a reason, and everyone's journey in life is different.

If anything, these threads I created have given me not only some valuable info into the reasons that both sides hold their beliefs, but also into the aspects of the people themselves.

Hope all that made sense :D

God bless