1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How did you come to know Jesus?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by One of His sheep, Sep 14, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Ben,

I think you have an amazing testimony.

2. buckster75

buckster75 Member

TexasSky, why did you add:"(For any judgemental perverts out there - yes his secretary was present the whole time.)"

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

When I was in high school, my mother put the spark in me to make a decision for Christ. A local parish priest eventually led me to Christ, finshing what my mother had started.

Whoda thunk that some punk kind like me would have been led to Christ by two Catholics?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was born in January, 1972, born again Ocotober, 1979 on a Friday night "revival" Brother Gandee was the pastor. It's funny, I can't remember what I did last week, but I can remember that day.

While I was young, I understood the need for a saviour, and what not having one meant: that my sin would send me to hell when I died. I was excited and wanted to live my entire life for Christ! As hard as it was to read the KVJ at that age, I understood the main things (I believe this was from the HS, not me) while reading the whole Bible in my first year.

Then came the teen years. I became rebellious towards my parents and God. My fellowship with God suffered, until it became almost non existant. From the outside, you would have never guessed I was saved. But the entire time I was living for myself, I could just FEEL the HS being hurt within me by my lifestyle. Every sin I committed, I had guilt. I am a stubborn, strong willed individual, and resisted getting right with God. My weekends normally began on Tuesday. This continued until 2003.

January 25, 2003 I got a phone call. My mother was screaming and crying on the phone. My sister was found dead of CO poisoning at the age of 25 along with her boyfriend. She followed the same path as her big brother after she was saved, but got into a lot worse things than I could imagine. I believe God had enough, and took her home in a painful fashion.

The sorrow and regrets I had were overwhelming. God really used this situation to get my attention. I stubbornly tried to deal with this on my own, but it felt like the whole world was crashing in around me.

One Saturday in April 2003 while jogging through a wooded path, I poured out my heart to the Lord. I remember saying to Him, I didn't remember my heart's condition when I was young, but NOW in this moment in time, I needed Him to be the Lord of my life. All of the weight on my shoulders was immediately lifted off. I gave my regrets, sorrow and life to God.

These last 1.5 years have been the best years of my life! I have a wonderful wife, a son on the way Oct. 25th, and I am looking forward to raising this little boy in living his life for the Lord.

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

As a lad I raised my hand in a Salvation Army Sunday School meeting when the Leftenant had led the Sunday School Meeting and given us a teaching on Jesus and had suggested that we might like to respond to Him by raising our hand and taking part in a prayer to Jesus. I would have been 7 or so.

I thank God always that that small Salvationist Church discipled me and I went through the Junior Soldiers and into being a fully fledged Salvationist of the Corps as a young adult.

God is awesome and I am really enjoying reading some of the testimonies on this thread, keep them comming!!! [​IMG]

6. Joanna

Joanna New Member

I was raised in a Christian home, but it all meant very little to me, untill I was about 21. Then the Lord started to convict me of my lost condition, but I tried to fight off those convictions till I was 26, when I saw the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. I can truly say it was the Lord who saved me, not my own will or descision, for of myself I would still be on the broad road to destruction.

7. TennisNE1

TennisNE1 Member

I praise the Lord for my Christian parents. I heard the beautiful gospel through their living testimonies. It was through their love for my soul that I asked Jesus to become my saviour and Lord.

8. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

By the grace of God, Jesus was made known to me through the personal testimony of some teenagers whose love for Jesus convicted me of my sin and my need for a savior.

[​IMG]

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I grew up in a home where we went to church everytime the doors were open. As far back as I can remember, I've always had a Bible. One night when I was 12, I read and understood, probably for the 1st time, that the punishment for sin was Hell. I was absolutely terrified of the thought, because I knew I was a rotten sinner. As I read more and more, I found that the only way to not go to Hell was to accept Jesus as my savior. I talked to my preacher about this and on Thursday, April 9th, 1981, he came over to the house and led me through asking Jesus to be my Savior and becoming a Christian.

I wish I could say that I've done nothing but grow and grow and grow, but that would be a lie. I will never be considered a great Christian, but I praise God everyday that, though I've given up on him more than once, he's never given up on me.