1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do I explain....?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Stacie, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Stacie

Stacie New Member

I'm in an email The Young Riders Role Playing Game. I want my character to become saved, but at this time she thinks that she is saved because she does good works. How do I explain saved through faith by grace and not by works? How would I explain that the works are proof that we are saved even though that some who are not saved may have the same works?

Stacie

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many verses you could use - have your character confront each and work through each. Here's a good one. She finds this verse (maybe on a bible, preacher, friend, letter) and it says:

Titus 3:5-6 "He saved us, not on the basis of righteous deeds which we have done, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, Whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior"

She is dumbfounded. Always believed it WAS on the basis of good deeds, etc etc Have the character struggle with this, remembering good things, comparing others doing good deeds. And end up with GRACE ALONE!

3. Stacie

Stacie New Member

Thanks for the verse and your senrio is just what I had in mind. My action for this round is that her beau calls on her (story takes place in 1860). So, I'm making it on a Monday, and she is rememebring what the preacher said the previious day. I just need her beau to explain and answer her questions. [​IMG]

Stacie

4. Stacie

Stacie New Member

I don't know if anyone else has even read this thread or not, but every one who reads this post, please pray that someone comes to Christ through this part of the RPG. And also pray that no one is "scared off" from writing or reading the story and thereby cutting off any further witinessing I or one of the other people that run this fame may be able to do.

Stacie