1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do I Know I am Called to Prepare for Professional Ministry?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Steven Yeadon, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do I know I am called for professional ministry? I currently am too young in the faith, at 1 year, to be any type of minister by my own reckoning of the bible (1 Timothy 3:6). But if I could do one thing with my life right now it would be to spread the hard truths and popularly unknown truths of the bible to as big an audience as I could get. I would not mind spending years of preparation to do so.

I must also say that I want to do other volunteer ministry work with lowly people and in the realm of politics as well. Those are two things I am already working towards though in practice.

I have a B.A. in political science from the University of Central Florida

I have acquired half the credits for an MDiv at Asbury Theological Seminary, but I am no longer a charismatic baptist moderate at all and I would hate any further classes at Asbury. New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) has told me that my credits at Asbury could transfer to NOBTS no matter how long ago it was since I had taken the courses.

I hope that lets you know about the pickle I feel I'm in. Thanks for any help!

Lastly, I know this post is in another forum, but I am hoping to get more replies by having two open threads.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be moving in the right direction. In your situation I would pursue completing my M.Div, and NOBTS would be a good choice to finish up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "How do I know I am called for professional ministry?"

...if you can change the course of where you think you want to be..., then do so.