1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Do Thestic Evolutionist Chrsitians Account for man and species transformation?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Yeshua, I think you (perhaps many others) confuse "anything evolution" with Darwin's mechanism of natural selection (naturalism). Most "hard core" scientists are probably "naturalists", though even many believing Christians would classify themselves "naturalists" in a somewhat narrow sense.

Hard core "natrualists" usually operate under the assumption that not creative act of a deity is necessary, i.e. that life evolved on entirely natural principles having only the proper ingredients. I "think" most theistic oriented scientists, particularly christian, do not fall in that category.

I think, you would do well to understand some of the terminology associated with evolutionary biology. If you think evolution does not occur in biological organisms.....well you are simply wrong. There is absolutely no denying that it does. Rob, informed you of its reality in the science of vaccinations.

You might learn a bit from Michael Behe's work on The Edge of Evolution. He makes a great and well researched case for parameters existing for evolution. Try to stop thinking of "evolution" as a four letter (christian) word. Understand it, then argue against it.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do Christian theists hold to God evolving species form one kinfd to another kind, Macro Evolution?

Do they hold to Adam and Eve as real historical humans, first humans on earth, created directly by work of God?

Do they hold to those "Bilions an Billions of years?"

Why do they read genesis account as myth or allogorical?

3. quantumfaith

If you mean "theistic evolutionists

1. Most, if not all do
    2. Some, perhaps many do (Some in fact do have discussion about who Adam is)
    3. I would think that most (perhaps all) do hold to an Old Universe and Earth
    4. Not sure how many read Genesis as "near eastern myth or legend"

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talking to theistic evolutionists often is difficult to do. Like Calvinists they always insist, because you are not one of them, that you are ignorant and do not know what you are talking about. That way it shuts down discussion and they do not have to deal with you.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why a dog and a cat can not be crossed from the very beginning.
    Never could, can't now, never will.

Genesis 1
    24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
    25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.​

HankD​

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless one hold to myth/symbolic/allogory, that passage KILLS off Theistic Evolution for the Christian!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, it just seems that they hold to unproven scientific "facts" regarding Evolution as being same truth levels as inspired scripture!

trying to accomodate the Bible thru the lens of science, not filtering the sciense thru the bible instead!

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Why can God not speak AND use evolution as the means to make it what it was?

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Where does the Bible say something that excludes evolution from one of the possible means whereby God made creatures?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He created ALL species in the beginning after their OWN Kind, and man was not evolved fromPrimate ancestory, but creation directly by God!

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Why could not evolution be the means whereby he made them after their own kind?

12. quantumfaith

Luke,

Are you instigating an intellectual (theological) exercise or are you truly "unoffended" by the possibility of evolution being a mechanism of God's creation?

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I am interested in seeing good arguments not just weak YEC talking points.

If anybody will ever make an argument rather than a claim without support I am going to make a CASE for OE so that proper and needful scrutiny can be applied.

14. quantumfaith

I "like" and respect good arguments....even when I stand in opposition to them.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Theistic evolutionist christians must show where in the fossil record there was species reflecting macro evolutionary process, that there were no intermediatary fossils...

also, there is NO proof in fossil records, nor from biology that mankind evolved from a primate common ancestor, so why NOT accept a litral reading of genesis that God made man after his own image by special creation act?

adam and Eve were first Humans on earth, NOT the end result of sub humans along the way to them!

16. quantumfaith

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realise that is NO credible.verifiable evidence that shows us that humans evolved from beings such as "lucy", and that we now know that so call sughumans such as Neanderthals, were actually essentially same as we are, its just their bodies had micro evolved to adapt toharsher conditions and climates!

Also has been shown IF one accepts the extreme ages given in genesis for humnas, one calcifies ans becomes verysimiliar to those so called Neanderthals!

18. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JFTR, I don't think that simply believing precisely what God said qualifies as a "weak YEC talking point"!

I would call it FAITH!

19. quantumfaith

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals

20. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Usually what that means is "I have bad hermeneutics."

Taking things literally that are NOT literal is NOT believing precisely what God says AT ALL.

It is the opposite.