1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do we look?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mountainrun, Feb 23, 2006.

1. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

I just ventured onto a Jewish BB to find out if they had any information on whether a Pharisee was required to be married or not.

I asked politely and respectfully and was chastised for being ignorant and silly, was referred to another board and the thread was promtly locked.

The main concern of the second board was how to deal with evangelizing xians, as Christians are called. They genuinely seem to hate us.

I didn't find out anything except that Jews twist and bend scripture to get the meaning that best agrees with their position.

The feeling seemed to be that non-jews are some lower form of life to be scraped off their shoes.

I have had a similiar experience on a Mormon board where I posted for quite some time.

I guess all religions are the same, aren't we?

Seriously, I felt like a guest of honor at a lynching and I didn't even post on the second board, just lurked.

Do we seem like that to others?

MR

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I hope not, but I'm sure we do.
    I've heard before, from different sources that pharisees had to be married. Don't know.

3. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

I guess the only difference is that we are forgiven.

Looking at their sites, I certainly would not be converted by posting there and seeing their conduct and treatment of anyone who disagrees with them.

I think the same would be true for anyone visiting here.

I did find it interesting how they will twist scripture to fit what they wish to believe inspite of clear meanings of the verses.

I've seen it here and on the Mormon boards as well.

I found it extemely uncomfortable to realize that the love of God and good exegesis is not seen here any much more often than it is on the sites of unbelievers.

MR