1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do we witness to those who say, "God is Dead?"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by SuperBaptist, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Dustin

Dustin New Member

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Dustin it is logically impossible to prove the existence of God. Descartes and others have tried and have failed miserably. Christianity is a religion of faith. If anything the bible itself proves Christianity is a religion of faith. Take Abraham, for example, his actions are the epitome of faith. I mean who in their rational state of mind would attempt to sacrifice the son they had been longing and praying for? He proceeded on faith ALONE. Anyone who accepts the existence of God is accepting Him on faith alone.

As far as mind control, Nietzsche is the farthest thing from it in my book. He was focussed on the individual, not the universal, to put it simply. He was "antiestablishment", but not the "follow me" type of guy. He writes in Zarathustra, "One repays a teacher badly if one always remains nothing but a pupil."