1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How do you deal with people that wrong or lie about you?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Sep 20, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its okay. Mormons can be great examples of good ethics, but their theology is another gospel and therefore they are acting on the power of their consciences and of satan whom can do good works in such people to be an angel of light.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I'd expect nothing less than this from the children borne from the error of Arminianism.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

In your own words, P4T, would you define Arminianism for us? Thanks.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's not get sidetracked by yet ANOTHER ca/arm debate. If you want to start a new thread on that, please go to the proper forum. I suggest we stay on topic here. A brother has a social problem and needs help, so lets help him.

Evangelist, the saying "What Would Jesus Do" comes to mind.

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

Duly noted and quite correct. Thank you.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Study out the downgrade controversy.

And correct, stay OP here.

I do not wish to state how I feel about the OP other than I do believe that much problem is brought on ourselves sometimes in light of it. I'll leave it at that.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If you are big enough.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sarcasm is lost on some folks.:type:

9. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't do it in your own power. You were never intended to do so.

Receive criticism and condemnation in humility (some of it may be accurate and you may need to change what you do), but rely on God's grace to respond in love.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

We have a winner!

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks brother... Its not one particular incident I am referring to, but over the course of my life I have had this kind of treatment, however as I heard a preacher say, the more I am to live like Christ, the more this kind of thing will happen. I suggest I need to man up, be a man, and face the hostile world.

You are right in your reference to what would Jesus do. Perhaps when dealing with unbelievers the best thing to do is to remain silent as he did. However when dealing with TRUTH & THE GOSPEL remaining silent is not what He did. Therefore someone whom falsely accuses me of something when I witness I will fight them to the death over my opportunity to present the gospel. This seems to be what Jesus would do.

However Jesus also cleared the temple and was not silent then. Indeed he cleared the temple at least twice in his ministry. If I find corruption in a church such as (the promoting of Emergent Theology) and those leading do not repent, how to respond? Perhaps leaving the church would be best. I do not wish to be like one of my friends whom confronted leadership head on, and has been ostracized from ever finding a ministry opportunity again due to his confrontational style. He learns from Paul Washer...

#31 evangelist6589, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember one time someone in a church was promoting a major sin and at the same time claiming Christ and was a "sunday school teacher" in that church. I tried to go to them in gentleness and respect but he refused to listen. And I got all kinds of people on me for doing that. I brought it on myself, but in all honesty leaders should not promote such sins publicly and even if they are in churches with lots of "yes men" they need to obey the Bible.

13. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I'm a SISTER. Sigh. Guess I need to put that pink teapot back up as my avatar.

Evangelist, what I'm seeing in a lot of your posts is a desire to know how to conduct yourself socially. Unfortunately, life isn't that simple. I wish we had a book that listed every possible social scenario and the "proper" godly way to interact with others, but then maybe we wouldn't learn and grow the way we're supposed to.

It boils down to a daily walk with God, because the more we're with him, the more we'll act like him, and the easier it will be to face difficult situations. The proper behavior will come naturally without us having to try so hard to force something. We won't worry about what to say or do or how to act because the Spirit will direct us.

Speaking of force, I'll remind you again--we cannot, and should not try to, force others to behave, to accept us, to listen, to accept Christ, etc. Live your life as close to God as possible and trust the Holy Spirit to work in you and in others. It takes a lifetime, and by the time we finally learn it, our lives are about over.

Ask the Lord for wisdom and seek it out. Learn from those who are older and wiser, and most of all--open the ears before opening the mouth. That's the only advice I know to give you.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry sister my mistake. You are very wise, please just pray that I take and follow this advice. But from what you and Stanley have said it is best to be whom God has made me to be, and for certain people will reject us, but its not about them but about God. There are universal improvements and suggestions one can give. For example picking ones nose in public is a problem anyone would have a problem with, and then there are preferences... For example some do not like tracts, and I do. Some have tried to tell me their advice based on their "years of being a pastor" that tracts do not work. That kind of advice I will not accept because I do not agree with it and its Arminian theology.

Taking the advice that is appropriate and true is best, and dishing the "preferences" of others is advised when they try and make them principles. But yes indeed God is whom we need to trust and no matter what people will always accept/reject us. Before I met my wife plenty rejected me, and many out of their "preferences." I even had one person reject me because I liked frogs!!! Yes indeed I like frogs and she said that was "strange" and "odd." But I ignored it and focused on who I am and prayed to God to find the right mate for me and amen He did!!! Lots of people out there, so its best to find the Lords plan.