1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you explain these verses?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Frenchy, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

quote (Frenchy)
    No, what I said was I admire those who at LEAST try and use scripture than those who have comebacks based on OPINIONS. I never said you actually knew the scriptures just that you try and use them. get your facts straight.. something that is very hard for you to do. your profile says alot. I see no where I have been nasty unlike you

(actual pm from Frenchy to Brother Bob) Hi Brother Bob, i just have a hard time with people like Gina and Donna and some others who really DO NOT know their bibles . you and i may not always agree but at least we have some foundational teaching on Gods word and USE God's word to debate each other . these people just throw their own OPINIONS or soemthing they heard from someone else out there as if it is Gods truth. see the difference? Gina has put me down at least 4 times now. I always say attack the MESSAGE not the MESSENGER. people (no matter what the subject is being discussed) who have no idea what they are talking about and are wrong will do just that, attack the messenger and not the message, because thay can not. that is what Gina does a lot.

Frenchy: You must be related to Nixon, you leave a paper trail, looks like an untruth to me. I would worry about that more than quoting the scriptures if I were you. You mentioned my profile but seems to me you should be concerned about telling the truth. :D :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

You and Gina have both proven you can not be trusted. you are not suppose to share anothers PM they are private. not that I really care for i do not write anything i know can be shared, so what? I do recall writing that to you after you attacked me on Gina's post to me.

You should be ashamed for acting in a childish manner and your true colors do shine bright, proving i was right all along.

your PRIDE and ARROGANCE are very evident

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Frenchy:

To clarify this is my pm to her the whole thing. her's was the post above the rolling eyes

"you sure can tell who knows the scriptures and who doesn't. if you can't debate Gods word using Gods word then why bother?"

I learned it from you Frenchy, here is your pm to Gina that you posted on another OP. Its like the Pharisees who wanted everyone to keep the law but would not keep it themselves!! You should not scold me on something you are guilty of.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

4. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

What's your point? you are not able to debate God's word, you get your feelings hurt, so you act like a child? Yes BB you win take your ball home now and leave me alone :rolleyes:

all you have accomplished is showing everyone you cannot be trusted [​IMG]

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't believe that I am the one here with hurt feelings but as it is. Carry on Frenchy.

6. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

My self esteme is in Christ and his word alone not myself. no hurt feelings here. [​IMG]

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hope God will bless you Frenchy and your Husband,

I am not hurt either just a strong debater.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Yes i noticed

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am 67 years old Frenchy you are pretty set in your ways when you get that old. [​IMG]

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

And three pages later, I awake to find the mutual edification among all is stil-l con--tin--ui...z.- Zz-.z-z [​IMG]

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Luke, chapter 14

"11": For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. Love to be there Ed. :D :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

With all due respect, and that to any and all, I started reading this thread to find out what one person, then another person, then a third person, etc. thought about some particular verses and what some had to say in a theological vein. After three pages I found that this had gotten sidetracked over one or more PM(s) into an "he said/she said" approach. Perhaps I'm being naive, here, but I thought PM(s) were exactly that, private. Hence my attempt, poor though it probably was, to voice an opinion with humor, that bringing PM to the public debate was in poor taste, at best.

The thread appeared to get "back on track", after that and actually was having a tremendous amount of Scripture and teachings discussed for two pages. Then we somehow wind up once again talking about something else and who said or did not say what, and it starts to sound, to me anyway, about like some four-year olds arguing over a toy. Maybe I'm the one off the beat, here, but I am having a hard time finding that to be edifying, to me, at least. Anyone else may; I'm just not, on this thread, at current pace.
    In His grace,
    Ed

13. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

14. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

My point exactly ED

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He said after 3 pages Frenchy, that was when you posted a PM. [​IMG] Its ok for Ed to call us 4 year olds and post outside of the scriptures with all his ho's and hmmm's and whatever but not for us to have a few words outside of the scripture, wonder why ? :confused:

[ March 22, 2006, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Brother Bob ]

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, I never 'called' anyone a four year old, at least on the BB.
    Ed

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have spent a lot of times reading posts, and Ed Sutton along with standingfirm and calvibaptist and others strike me as the most sincere, Christlike, and edifying regardless of how they feel on different issues.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That is true EdSutton. [​IMG] Just that this discussion reminds you of that.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Ed and I do very well thank you.