1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you explain these verses?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Frenchy, Mar 18, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Webdog is that just your "opinion" or do you have scripture to back this up? because the verses i quoted did not say that at all! </font>[/QUOTE]It's not opinion. You believe you can be elect NOT in Christ? Read Ephesians 1:1-14. count how many time "in Christ" is referred to.

Why do you not answer any questions posed to you? I asked you to provide Scripture showing individual "picking and choosing" salvation. Also answer this: What do you do with this verse in your version of predestination?
    "6": And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
    "7": And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
    If God predestined man to do what man did, why was the Lord grieved and sorry He made man, if He predestined them to do that?

2. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I believe we are adopted or elected IN CHRIST as a means of salvation, Christ is the means or the way. but that doesn't change the fact that we were CHOSEN to be elected in Christ before the foundations of the world. the way you said it made it sound like God through his foreknowledge KNEW we would accept Christ therefore that is why we are chosen based on what WE were going to do. big difference.

By the way I did answer your's and anothers question on 6-7, i will post it again for you.

Not only that read my OP you will see I have already answered all the verses, what 15 or so on the fact that God chose us and nothing WE did was based on that CHOICE it was all God none of us, Period!

[ March 22, 2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Frenchy ]

3. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

here Webdog i found this on page 4, so i did answer it after all on this thread. you must have missed it.

Brother Bob quote
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why preach repentance unto the whole world if only the "elect" can repent?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My answer

Because that is the way God ordained it! we are merely his TOOLS to which his will be done. Who are you to question why God decided to CHOOSE who he wanted to be saved before the foundation of the world. If he choose for some to be saved and some to be lost and to use Jesus as the means of which that would happen, who are you or anyone to question the Almighty God.

It would be like me going to an orphanage and choosing who I wanted to adopt. do the ones left behind have the right to cry and question why not me, NO!

Well God has an even bigger right to decide who he will have for all eternity. And believe me it wasn't based on us AT ALL, none of it was. even the faith that saved us was from him, even the drawing to come to him was from him, even the repentance came from him, even the ability to stay in the faith comes from him.

To say otherwise is to be arrogant and not allow God to be God. For those who believe they can lose their salvation are very prideful and are slapping God in the face saying he isn't big/strong enough to keep that which he purchased and died for.

4. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

woops thats not it let me keep searching

5. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I agree brother Bob. What Frenchy said is NOT true. I know Gina and Donna know their bibles.

6. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Just did a search on their most recent post not much to do with scripture, there is a common pattern though. ;)

7. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Frenchy, I think you need to repent.

8. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

repent of what, the truth?

:rolleyes:

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Wow, this is still being discussed?

Donna, do you hear this? There's this here thingy called a "Bible" that we don't know. I think it has something to do with being a Christian. Maybe we should check it out! My mistake, I kept going into the bookstore and asking for a niv, and they'd say "Gina, there is no such thing as a niv", and then I'd tell 'em, well I'd just say "well if ya ain't got no niv you ain't no Christian book store!"
    Now I find out you're supposed to SPELL it! N.I.V.. But then someone said no, get something called King Jam, and now here my good friend Frenchy tells me it's a Bible. Wonder if that's pronouned bibbel or bybel? Hrm. So Donna, if you wanna, let's get together and lern, ok?

Frenchy Frenchy. I admire your persistance. Have you thought of the next name you'll sign up under yet? I'm kinda honored at the personal attention though. It makes me feel so pretty. *fluffs hair* [​IMG]

10. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I do remember this all started with your attacks on me, not the other way around. as you can see if everyone on this board had been taught proper hermeneutics then there wouldn't be so many different Baptist veiws now would there? and then you have those who don't even use scripture to back up their arguments. I just say it as i see it. ;)

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

A troll with an honest streak.
    I'm touched.
    And watching to see who you'll reincarnate as after you get banned once again...

12. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Whatever that is suppose to mean? must have me confused with someone else. now i undserstand your distain, carry on :rolleyes:

13. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I will choose to ignore you, you sound like trouble.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Disdain? I spoke to you twice silly.
    But I will try to carry on, with or without you. It'll tough, but I trust you'll stay right by me through it all, helping, encouraging, teaching me more about the niv, and herme..hermi...hemi..whatever that BIG word is that you know how to spell and I don't!

15. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I'm ignoring you :rolleyes:

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I know you are but what am I? [​IMG]

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There are other venues for personal vedettas.
    This thread is closed.
    DHK