1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Do you feel About "Full Gospel" baptist churches?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a brother....

...in every way! No offense taken. I appreciate your input and honesty, and I truly believe that you can live with my understanding of this issue. I feel no condemnation coming from you [EVER]! So, thanks for the apology, but it was not needed. Shalom! :wavey:

#101 righteousdude2, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK,

We agree in reference to the sign gifts....although how the last days is spoken of is another series of threads.Depending on which end time calendar a person uses is going to steer it to an extent. i am thankful that you see the danger of extra biblical activity.
    you were very patient with awaken on this in other threads.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dude
    This is the second or third time we have Locked horns...mostly over this area of theology. I do not "target" anyone although I have noticed I have a Fan club, as you have Matt Wade...lol
    Those in my fan club come at me from all directions,so I have come to expect it.
    That being said I will for the most part still read what they offer especially if they use scripture.
    Even in the poor exchanges sometimes there is something to learn from it.

When i can be supportive of a post,I will be. We can only post what we know as truth.
    You can feel free to be as critical of me as you want {better yet,my posts}...it is okay.I do not believe in censorship.
    If it turns out as it often does that we debate and go at the other positions that is what it is...

The apostle Paul who spoke with many people would say this;
    2 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.

7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things

I see it along these lines.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, paul mentions NOTHING about using tongues/signs/wonders to fight of fthe Devil with though here!

rather, we are to be strong in HIS might, armed with His Bible, and we do NOT talk to satan, insteadtalk about it to the Lord, for He is the mighty warrior who fights on our behalf!

also, Tonues/prophesying etc were to be done in a local church service, to entire body assembled, not for some extra revealtion by a "personal word" to individuals!

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We Smoke em Peace Pipe, Again :)

Unlike you, I do not believe I have a better view of Scripture [unless challenged, then I stick up for what I believe], so you will not find me coming at you, or getting in your face.

I still believe that we are all entitled to our views, because God will, in the end, do the correcting.

As I've said, you can't begin to understand what I've seen because you were not there. One would have to have been there to fully comprehend the interaction I had with God. Then, there was the denial and then the looking to Scripture to prove that what I went through was real. After years of checking and doubt, I was left with one opinion, and it is an opinion that is willing to take your best shot(s) and remain steadfast.

I believe God manifested Himself in a supernatural way, and I've observed continued proof in many different forms over the years to support the events of Christmas Eve 1966 and Sunday evening, 1987.

Until you walk a mile in the sandals of another, you can question all you want, but you have no right to judge them as a heretic or emotional fanatic.

So, you can post what you want without FEAR of my questioning you or your theology, because "Who am I to judge or question the validity of what you believe?"

All that matters to me is that what my brothers believe is in the saving grace of Jesus, how to obtain that grace, water baptism, the in filling of the spirit and that the path to the narrow gate is narrow itself and filled with difficulties. If you've been born-again, IC, and your name is written in that book, so be it. As to your theology, God, and God alone knows the real interpretation of what we profess to be factual, and He alone will do the correcting when we arrive at His feet in humility and gratitude for Grace undeserved.
    Shalom, and until the next time. Be safe. Those roads are treacherous. If you drive a truck, like I think, you will enjoy my first novel, a stab at fiction, Convoy Murder. I'll let you know when it comes out. Even if you don't drive a truck, If you drive for your job, you will appreciate the suspense behind my first novel.

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Never Said....

...my gift of tongues was practiced outside of the church. I said I HAVE a PRAYER LANGUAGE [tongue] that I use in my personal prayer closet.

I have witnessed tongues being conducted in an orderly fashion in some churches I visited over the years, and I've also seen the misuse of tongues in church [and the pastors have quickly quashed the person(s) misusing tongues].

As to your objection, that is something you will have to work out within your faith and thoughts. I see prayer language as a means to an end [for me personally]. At times spiritual gifts can and should be used to defeat the enemy. In fact, spiritual gifts are the premier weapons of choice when it comes to defeating the wiles of a cunning devil. As to your beliefs, well, that is a difference between you and me, and others.

We will have to wait until we get to heaven to see what was, in fact, FACT!

Enough said on this subject. you have your view, Yeshua, and I defintiely have mine. We are at a spiritual impasse. So move on! Or, as my wife would say, "Get a life! There's more important things in this world than this!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.