1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you implement church discipline

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by faithcontender, Nov 17, 2003.

1. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

I'm just curious about how every particular denomination deals with their erring brethren.

How are they being dealt, is it the whole local church or just the leaders doing the decision?

What will happen if the erring one is the minister?

2. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

YER KIDDIN' RIGHT?

Church discipline?

What's that?

Surely ye jest me boy!!!

All denoms and Catholic Church included, you can get away with just about murder nowadays and no one has the cajones to do a thing about it!!

Brother Ed

3. faithcontender

I don't think so, i believe there are still churches of God which practice it according to God's commandments.

Just now we had dealt with our disobedient sister for her unwillingness to stop spreading gossip even after several times of admonitions.

We are commanded from the Holy Scriptures that we are not to keep company with any so called brethren who are willfully disobeying the Lord and living gross immoral behaviour.

4. LaRae

LaRae Guest

I don't think so, i believe there are still churches of God which practice it according to God's commandments.

Just now we had dealt with our disobedient sister for her unwillingness to stop spreading gossip even after several times of admonitions.

We are commanded from the Holy Scriptures that we are not to keep company with any so called brethren who are willfully disobeying the Lord and living gross immoral behaviour.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Just out of curiousity...what is our religious denomination and how did your Church deal with the disobedient sister? Is she married, if so was her husband involved?

LaRae

5. Bugman

Bugman New Member

Simply, Biblically [​IMG]

Bryan
    SDG

6. faithcontender

Our church is a fundamental independent bible baptist church. We have dealt with her according to what the Bible says.

First, someone admonished her to stop being a talebearer but she did not listen but rather unrepentant in her attitude so what the other brother did is to take another witness against her being busybudy, spreading gossip.

But inspite of it, she did not listen. So the two brethren told it to our pastor who in turn tried to talk to her but she is not willing to admit her fault. So our pastor told it to our churh, but still she is not willing to correct her own behaviour. ( Actually almost all members of the church knows about her attitude, some members were offended of her but they never bring it out. They just bore with her and tried to pray for her ).

After the church agreed to excommunicate her, she herself no longer attended our church.

She is still single so there was no husband involved.