1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you preach?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Trotter, Dec 12, 2004.

?
  1. Topical - I pick my subject and material, then I find scriptures to go along with it.

37.9%
  2. Expository - I choose the passage, and let the message develop from what the passage says.

62.1%
  3. Both - Sometimes I am topical, sometimes I am expository.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. amen_corner

amen_corner New Member

SBC1303,

I did mine at Southeastern in expository preaching. I've got a good friend finishing up his DMin at Southern. We've talked quite a bit comparing notes...seems like the finished product is the same, but the work load is different. I've been told that the Southern DMin is more like a PhD, at least with work load. Don't misunderstand...I did a lot of work! And I had a great time in the process.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

amen: thats great. I am getting ready for my first seminar next week at the Olford Center in Memphis. My work load for this class has been:

11 books totaling about 3200 pages of reading with a 5-7 page paper on each book. A 10-12 page paper on What is Expository Preaching. And preparing a sermon on an assigned text to be preached during the week of the seminar.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it all so far, and really looking forward to the class next week.