1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Do you View Joyce meyer?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Brads70

Brads70 New Member

Thanks googled it. I assume it's because I'm in Canada that I was not familiar with it.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not sure they started it. It was present in Judaism. It is also present among the majority of American parents. If you do not believe me just go to a parent and suggest that kids today should study more and have more homework. When I heard Thomas L. Friedman (who is the author of The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century) speak he told about a teacher in WA who told him about her experiences with some parents at a parent-teacher conference. One parent who was from eastern Europe was disgusted because the teacher was too easy. An American parent was angry because the teacher was too hard. A parent from another country expressed much the same thing as the Eastern European.

We can slap people on the back and tell them they are great but the world will confirm or deny that.

Very very seldom while I taught high school that when a student was in trouble did I hear the parent tell me that their son or daughter was wrong. I can only remember twice. One of the parents was a city councilman and the other was in education. The vast majority of times the parent would try to defend the student and not have them take full responsibility for their actions. I have heard parent after parent tell me when I was teaching that school should be fun. I was not very popular among those parents but the students loved me. My students won every competition except one. The student took second place in that one.

Just look at what happened to the young man who damaged several cars in Malaysia and the outrage among Americans as though caning was too tough. Remember what happened to him a few years later after he returned to America.

How many people build a church building because they think that by building a church building that people will come. I had a conversaation with a man in a very large American denomination whose dad was a leader in that same denomination who told me that you cannot grow a large church without borrowing money. I asked him to explain how Spurgeon did it and how would it be done without borrowing money. I have seen churches that when the economy went down that what they owed was more than what the land and buildings was worth.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is an American network.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder how many heretical stations are headquartered outside of the south.

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Fixed......

6. Brads70

Brads70 New Member

:laugh: Don't hold back... tell me how you really feel?:laugh:

7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Diod NOT miss anything, not unles you are into viewing heretical TV!